Duty Station: Mogadishu
Level/Grade of the Position: LICA 8 (Equivalent to NOA)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To reduce childhood morbidity and mortality attributable to vaccine preventable diseases by implementing routine and supplemental immunization medical activities for children and women of childbearing age in accordance with established technical guidelines. To support vaccine preventable disease surveillance.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Regularly extract EPI data from DHIS2 and check for completeness and quality
- Participate in conducting data cleaning and coordinate with DHIS-2 focal persons to improve EPI data completeness and overall quality
- Review immunization data received from districts, and implement data quality improvement plan for EPI programme
- Participate in monitoring EPI performance of districts through use of appropriate indicators and periodic feedback mechanism
- Work with districts in planning expansion of EPI fixed center and making them functional to increase service delivery capacity and decrease reliance on outreach service delivery
- Work with state, regional EPI and districts in equity analysis and provide technical assistance in increasing service delivery in low coverage areas
- Be responsible for producing periodic reports analyzing up-to-date EPI data using verified population figures and administrative structure
- Collect and analyze data in outbreak investigation.
University degree preferably in data management related fields (computer, communication and electronics).
Training certificate from a recognized institute in using a variety of software programmes and data management programmes.
At least one year of experience in designing and management of data bases and data warehousing.
- Experience in designing and development of data collection and management tools for communicable disease surveillance and.
- Experience in using GIS tools and statistical software.
- Experience with WHO software applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge in communicable disease surveillance with background on biostatistics.
- Demonstrated indepth knowledge of principles, practices, methodology and techniques of designing data management tools.
- Excellent knowledge in analysing vector borne diseases data particularly communicable diseases.Excellent capacity for conducting training.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills Essential:
Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language.
How to apply
Your application should be sent to the below email address, please indicate the title of the position you have applied in the email subject by close of business Wednesday 06 July 2022. It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV (as one document in PDF format) with your contact details.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.