Duty Station: One for each location mentioned above.
Level/Grade of the Position: G6
1. Background and Justification
*Purpose of the Position
To maintain database for Expandent Programme of Immunization and other relevant activities
2. Job Description
*Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objective
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
*Organizational context (Describe the individual role of incumbent within the team, focusing on the intricacy and difficulty of working environment)
Under the responsibility of EPI Officer, the incumbent will maintain accurate data for the EPI Programme.
*Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives; include main achievements expected)
- Collect and collate all reports on Vaccine preventable diseases and Immunization (VPI) related to all zones of the country, including surveys and monthly activity reports.
- Contributes to the identification and analysis of patterns in data sets using various methods
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of databases, contributes to data collection projects, products, tools and processes
- Review, verify, organize, enter and manage data received at district, regional and provincial, zonal level as well as rendering information as requested.
- Archive any incoming reports directly to the retrieval system database and undertake regular maintenance.
- Respond to incoming requests and correspondences and organize Expert Review Group (ERG) and other country office Polio Eradication Initiative (PEI)/EPI meetings/conferences
- Assist with the training of EPI staff on issues of data analysis and act as a liaison for assisting field staff in their data supply to WHO/CO …….
- Maintain and update a centralized documentation cell at the main EPI office through accurate record keeping system (soft and hard copies) for all program related reports, proposals and data, ensuring that data entry is complete and that information is entered accurately and on time.
- Collect and compile data and reports; prepare graphs, tables, maps, for measles surveillance in Somalia.
- Distribute progress/activity reports/bulletin to authorities, partners, donors and other stakeholders.
- Regularly update the EPI section of the WHO website on issues of VPI Surveillance.
3. Recruitment Profile
Describe the core, management competencies required – See WHO competency model – list in order of priority, commencing with the most important ones.
*2. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Setting an example
Functional Knowledge and Skills
*Describe the essential knowledge and the skills specific to the position
- Good knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, practices/procedures and routines.
- Good filing and organizational skills.
- Good analytical skills, multitasking and adaptability to challenging situations
- Ability to translate routine correspondence.
- Producing and delivering quality results in pressing situations and conflicting priorities.
- Skills in organizing training programs in data collection and preliminary data processing
- Keen attention to details, especially regarding data accuracy
Completion of secondary school education supplemented by training in Data analysis.
University degree or diploma on data management and or IT from an accredited institute.
At least 8 years of relevant practical experiences in database processing
Work experience with UN organizations / agencies or international institutions
4. Use of Language Skills
Very good knowledge of English and local languages
Other Considerations (e.g. Physical Workplace Condition, if other than normal office environment; IT Skills; etc.)
– Ability to operate PC and good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
– Knowledge of GSM/Oracle applications is an asset.
How to apply
Your application should be sent to the below email address, please indicate the title of the position you have applied in the email subject by close of business Wednesday 06 July 2022. It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV (as one document in PDF format) with your contact details.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.