Job Identification : 10988
Locations : Manila, Philippines
Posting Date : 05/31/2023, 11:00 PM
Apply Before : 06/21/2023, 08:00 AM
Job Schedule : Full time
Grade : NOA
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Rotational/Non Rotational : Non-Rotational
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education and Work Experience : Master’s Degree
Required Languages : Fluency in English and Filipino.
Vacancy Timeline : 3 Weeks
Job Category : Adolescent & Youth
The Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) Programme Coordinator shall engage in policy and programmatic discussions related to Comprehensive Sexuality Education and other relevant youth related issues within UNFPA’s Programme of Assistance to the Philippines. S/he will analyse assess relevant political, social and economic trends, guiding and facilitating the delivery of UNFPA’s youth programmes in coordination with other programs such as gender, sexual and reproductive health, and population and development.
You will report directly to the Programme Specialist, SRH.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations, and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In the Philippines, UNFPA has started developing its new five-year 9th Country Programme 2024-2028. The 9th CP is tightly aligned with the mid- and long-term development goals of the Philippines and Ambisyon Natin 2040, as well as the global Agenda 2030 including the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Working within a large and complex Country Office (CO) environment, you will support the effective management of UNFPA activities in the areas of youth, population and development, reproductive health and gender. Through substantive analysis and assessment of political, social and economic trends, you will contribute to project formulation and evaluation, joint programming initiatives and national development frameworks.
You will monitor results achieved on youth programmes during implementation, guiding the appropriate application of systems and procedures, and developing enhancements as required.
You would be responsible for:
- In collaboration with Government counterparts, NGOs, and other youth-led partners, contributing to the design and implementation of the country programme and its component projects, aligning with Government priorities and UNFPA programme policies and procedures.
- Oversee the development of youth-related work plans, implementation of plans and activities of UNFPA partners, and lead the monitoring and reporting of results on interventions that address the determinants of adolescent sexual and reproductive health
- Analyzing and interpreting the political, social and economic environment relevant to UNFPA activities, and identifying opportunities for UNFPA assistance and intervention.
- Analyzing policy papers, strategy documents and national development plans; preparing briefs and inputs for policy dialogue, technical assistance coordination, and development frameworks.
- Assessing implications of new policy developments which will impact adolescents and youth and strategies on programme execution, and ensuring their integration in different thematic areas.
- Establishing collaborative relationships with executing agencies, experts, government counterparts and other UN agencies to facilitate timely and efficient delivery of project inputs.
- Assisting in implementing knowledge management strategies to capture lessons learned and best practices, sharing these with management for future planning supporting training needs of project personnel
- Supporting the advocacy and resource mobilization strategy of the CO, by ensuring preparation of relevant documentation, i.e. project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles, and participating in related meetings and public events.
Qualifications and Experience:
Advanced degree in public health, population, demography and/or other related social science discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Two years professional experience in the field of youth programming, sexual and reproductive health, or public management, with experience in programme/ project management
- Experience in coordinating or managing joint programmes is desirable
- Practical experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects
- Experience using office software packages and web-based management systems.
Fluency in English and Filipino.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization
Managerial Competencies (if applicable):
- Providing strategic focus,
- Engaging in internal/external partners and stakeholders,
- Leading, developing and empowering people, creating a culture of performance
- Making decisions and exercising judgment
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm.
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. Qualified female candidates, and individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities (differently abled) are equally encouraged to apply.
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.