Position Title: National ICT Officer (Applications Development) (2 vacancies)
Job classification: National Officer/NO-A
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: One-year fixed-term, with possibility of extension
Closing date: 07 August 2022
Salary: Php 1,195,132.00 per annum net of taxes
The position is based in Manila Administrative Centre (MAC), headed by the Director of MAC. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is one of the divisions with its operations delocalized to MAC. Under the overall supervision of the ICT Officer (Software Development) and direct supervision of the ICT Officer (Applications Development), and in close co-ordination with the ICT Officer (Project Management) and the ICT Officer (Solutions Architect), the successful candidate will be responsible for the coding of system components according to design specifications, corporate standards and best practices and solution design.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution ; or
- University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional certification in the area of study and practice above, or a Microsoft Certified professional developer is a distinct advantage.
- Sound and specialist knowledge of object-oriented architecture and design patterns for building highly scalable applications using .NET framework (4.5)
- Demonstrates effective application of knowledge and understanding in NET development and C#, SQL Server 2016 – Stored procedures, Functions, Views, Indexes, Relational Database Design;
- Extensive experience in building Web applications and/or Web services using the .NET Framework and Visual Studio 2017 and up;
- Experience in developing design artefacts based on UML notations and using standard tools;
- Proficient in back, middle and front-end development;
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of XML documents, XSD schemas, XSLT to develop the necessary schemas and maps to represent the flow of the messages through the solution;
- Possess a good understanding of relational database concepts;
- Possess a good understanding of SOAP/REST webservices and their payload schema.
- Experience in SVN and/or GIT.
- Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to issue resolution.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Possess client-side Web development skills (HTML, CSS, JQuery/AngularJS/ReactJS).
- Ability to work with cross cutting and diverse teams.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 07 August 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-040-0412022-vn-040-0412022-national-ict-officer-applications-development-2-vacancies
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.