Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997, we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Evaluation Specialist, USAID Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services Midterm Performance Evaluation
Locations: Benue, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Kaduna, Kebbi, and Niger
Timeline: August 2022 – December 2022
Scope of Work
- National Evaluation Specialist of Agricultural Extension and Advisory Services Midterm Performance Evaluation
- Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity-building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors, including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth.
- Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
- In Nigeria, SI supports Navanti in implementing the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Activity which provides comprehensive MEL and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) support to strengthen USAID / Nigeria’s results for increased learning and accountability and contribute to the implementation of its Country Development Cooperation Strategy.
- USAID/Nigeria has engaged the MEL Support Activity to conduct an external Midterm Performance Evaluation of an integrated health activity.
- This Activity aims to partner with SMEs to test, replicate, and scale models of smallholder-oriented service delivery that will rapidly, effectively, and sustainably provide access to agro-inputs and services and disseminate extension messaging to two million smallholder farmers in Benue, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Kaduna, Kebbi, and Niger.
- The primary purpose of this mid-term performance evaluation is to determine whether the assistance provided by USAID/Nigeria to beneficiary MSMEs through the Agriculture Extension and Advisory Services Activity is meeting the stated development objectives, and to understand the lessons learned from this Activity in Nigeria. It is intended to provide an independent examination of the overall progress and accomplishments of the Activity.
- The estimated start date will be August 15, 2022. The evaluation is expected to last until December 2022, and the estimated LOE will be 34 days, maximum.
- SI is seeking a National Evaluation Specialist who will be supporting evaluation team’s effort.
- Under the technical leadership of the MEL Support Activity, the National Evaluation Specialist will be working alongside one Team Leader and two Nigerian team members.
- The National Evaluation Specialist will consult with the team and provide input to the deliverables throughout the duration of the evaluation.
- Contribute expertise and technical inputs to the work plan. Support the design of the evaluation, methodology, development of instruments, data collection, synthesis of data, presentations, and report.
- Perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
- Schedule and interview key stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- In consultation with the Team Leader, support team’s ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Support the preparation and presentation of the Inbrief and Out-brief to USAID/Nigeria and other stakeholders as requested.
- Write assigned sections of the draft Evaluation report in coordination with the team members, taking into consideration feedback from the Out-brief presentation.
- Support the Team Leader to respond to USAID comments on the draft report and prepare a final report.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
The candidate is expected to have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of five years of experience evaluating large agriculture and development programs, including baseline and mid-term studies of agriculture programs in Nigeria.
- Strong background in qualitative data collection methods, including focus group discussions (FGD), key informants/ in-depth interviews (KII/IDI).
- Advanced skills in quantitative data collection and analysis with the use of softwares such as Stata or R.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written.
- S/he must demonstrate high command of English language written and verbal fluency.
- At least five (5) years relevant experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Advanced graduate degree in Economics, Development studies, Demography/Population Studies, Sociology, Research, or related social science field.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates are reviewed on a rolling basis; early submission is recommended.
- SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.