Job Identification : 5493
Locations : New York, United States
Posting Date : 05/26/2023, 03:22 PM
Apply Before : 06/16/2023, 03:22 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Grade : G5
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Rotational/Non Rotational : Non-Rotational
Contract Duration : 1 Year
Education and Work Experience : High School certificate – 5 year(s) experience
Required Languages : English
French or other UN working language
Vacancy Timeline : 3 Weeks
Job Category : Administration/Operations/Support
The Multilateral and Inter-agency Affairs Assistant post is located in the Intergovernmental, Inter-agency and Policy Dialogue Branch (IIPDB) of the Policy and Strategy Division (PSD),and reports directly to the Branch Chief who provides overall strategic direction.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Multilateral & Inter-agency Affairs Assistant provides administrative and finance support to the Inter-governmental, Inter-agency and Policy Dialogue Branch (IIPDB), Policy and Strategy Division (PSD). The Multilateral & Inter-agency Affairs Assistant will assist in the various work streams related to inter-governmental and inter-agency processes, planning and implementation, including providing support for the overall management and functioning of the Branch.
You would be responsible for:
1 . Administrative and Finance Support
- Monitors and prepares an analysis of budget allocations, expenditures ceilings and general use of funds trends and advise the Branch Chief and team;
- Prepares and clears correspondence under the signature of the Chief; Reviews, edits, and ensures conformity with the Fund’s guidelines and procedures, including financial rules and regulations, for all correspondence for the attention of the Branch Chief;
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of Branch work plan, including entries in institutional ERM platforms and Results Monitoring Systems, such as Strategic Information System(SlS)/MyResults, GPS, etc., Researches and drafts responses to enquiries received by the team;
- Prepares travel authorizations and makes travel arrangements for the Branch;
- Manages and updates all administrative files at Branch level on mission travel, mission reports, leave;
- Conducts procurement activities as required;
- Maintains an office e-filing system, a follow-up system and electronic mailing lists for the unit;
- Carries out any other duties as may be required by the Division or Unit.
2. Planning and Meeting Support
- Provide proofreading and formatting support for documents and presentations;
- Provide periodic updates on Branch work plan implementation;
- Facilitates planning and organizes meetings ensuring information dissemination, agenda preparation, the participation of members, room availability, telecommunication etc.
3. Partnerships & Logistical Support
- Facilitates and manages information exchange between the Branch and counterparts outside the Fund, such as Permanent Missions and UN agencies in New York as well as between the Branch and other business units;
- Reviews, assigns and channels incoming and outgoing correspondence to and through respective team members, including tracking follow-up actions;
- Organizes and provides administrative support to workshops, retreats and meetings for Branch, including all meetings with external partners in support of multilateral and interagency portfolios;
- Maintains and updates contact information and focal points of respective Permanent Missions, civil society Network, UN Secretariat and agencies and other partners in relation to intergovernmental and interagency processes.
Qualifications and Experience
Secondary Education required, University degree in administration, management, communication and related fields, desirable;
Knowledge and Experience
- Successful completion of the UN Global General Service Test/ASAT
- 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience is using Atlas/PeopleSoft is preferred;
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets, word processing and computerized accounting systems;
- Good writing and communication skills
- Fluency in English is required; Working knowledge of French and any another official UN language is desirable.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results
- Being accountable
- Developing and applying professional expertise and business acumen
- Thinking analytically and strategically
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships
- Communicating for impact
Compensation and Benefits This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus cost of living adjustment, rental subsidy, education grant, home leave, health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.