Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a National registered NGO with CAC and has been in operation for over 10 years. Our mission is to work with the poor and socially excluded people and government for the promotion of environmental and human rights protection in communities in Nigeria, aimed at poverty reduction through education, information sharing, research, training and direct impact interventions are in humanitarian emergency response and development, with physical presence in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Abuja, Cross River, Akwa Ibom states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
Location: Nganzai, Magumeri, Maiduguri – Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Purpose and Activity of Assignment
- The MEAL Officer is to support the successful implementation of projects in our Maiduguri.
- The purpose of this role is to provide timely, accurate information on project implementation and ensure that monitoring and evaluation are in line with specific project and donor requirements, and in line with GREENCODE standards.
- The role’s support is to achieve accountability, transparency and programme quality in project locations.
- The post holder is to ensure that project activities are in line with the Logical Framework and relevant guidelines.
- Develop overall Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Framework – Performance Monitoring Plan, Data Collection tools/systems
- Develop project workplan and update workplan with implementation details
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators
- Maintain, administer, and optimize the use M&E database
- Conduct data analysis to measure project achievement against KPI’s
- Review existing management information systems and provide recommendations to optimize use for maximal impact
- Develop reports on M&E findings and identify lessons learnt to facilitate decision making of relevant stakeholders
- Conduct quality checks for data and collection methods.
In collaboration with the National Coordinator, Project Managers and M & E team, the MEAL Officer will:
- Support the development and implementation of program M&E framework to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, assessments, and all monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Contribute to the monthly project target review sessions.
- Support the development of data flow pattern for project that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Support to ensure that M&E-specific elements of local partner capacity strengthening plans are successfully implemented
- Report results of M&E activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate.
- Support leadership at project location level on M&E to ensure the program technical integrity and achievement of program goal and corresponding objectives and targets
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the field team and the M&E coordinator, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems
- Support efforts at project location to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making.
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Support targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audit
- Support field level partners staff, and enumerators in designing, developing and deploying tools for community-based selection criteria for the selection of beneficiaries.
- Support M&E capacity-strengthening activities with project staff and implementing partners, including on subjects such as child safeguarding in data collection.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 3 years’ work experience in monitoring and evaluating programs with an organization that has a robust M&E component.
- Prior experience with INGO or any National NGO
- Experience in developing child-friendly M&E systems/tools.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong technical skills in, mobile data collection methodologies, data analysis using one or more statistical software packages and presentation
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative research, report writing, and data quality assessments
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
- Strong understanding of gender transformative data collection and measurement, M&E policy and compliance requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Openness or capacity to think creatively to design data collection tools which are age-appropriate, safe and ethical for our projects.
- Good skills in using Microsoft office especially excel.
Application Closing Date
27th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending their Application and requesting for competency form, fill and submit the competency form to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] using ”Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer” as the subject of the email.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff. Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applicants must be resident in Maiduguri or its environs and available to relocate to the project location (Maiduguri and Kaga) and speaks the local language (Hausa) fluently.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.