Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a National registered NGO with CAC and has been in operation for over 10 years. Our mission is to work with the poor and socially excluded people and government for the promotion of environmental and human rights protection in communities in Nigeria, aimed at poverty reduction through education, information sharing, research, training and direct impact interventions are in humanitarian emergency response and development, with physical presence in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Abuja, Cross River, Akwa Ibom states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics / Warehouse Consultant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Purpose and Activity of Assignment
- The Logistics / Warehouse Consultant provides technical support inwarehousing, logistics, and Security to ensure effective, transparent and accountable logistic support to the state based GREENCODE staff and other project as may be assigned.
- Provide adequate logistical and security consideration for coordination and planning of program implementation while providing technical support and guidance to logistic team on logistical elements of distribution & warehouse planning.
Dimension of Role
- Managing and tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation.
- Develop and design a basic vehicle platform for GREENCODE use on fleet management.
- Manage service agreements related to vehicle maintenance and fueling.
- Supervise drivers maintaining the vehicle fleet and coordinating vehicle allocation for staffs.
- Supervise the work of the drivers to ensure proper vehicle allocations, tracking of vehicle related costs inclusive of monitoring maintenance/repair/service schedules and fuel.
- Ensure proper vehicle allocation.
- Maintain accurate and update vehicle files and ensure that mileage log sheets, vehicle repair records, service and related costs documentation are prepared.
- Ensure monthly fuel usage reports for all vehicles are prepared and maintains proper file records.
- Ensure monthly spares usage and vehicle service reports.
- Build capacity of the logistics team to ensure efficient delivery of logistical planning.
- Ensure that all goods are packed safely and segregated according to their nature based on GREENCODE standards
- Evaluate, review and support the updating of the Security Risk Analysis and associated security management plans for GREENCODE
- Manage stock data and tracking systems in accordance with universal standard procedures
- Identify, establish and manage context appropriate approach to assure that all facilities and staff are safe in the field area.
- Compile and submit monthly security reporting that track incidents and trends within GREENCODE area of operation;
- Work closely with GREENCODE teams in the Field Offices to ensure all incidents and accidents are followed up with an official written report.
- Provide a development plan focus on capacity building methods for the safety and security to team members
- Provide regular trainings for all staff on security preparedness, prevention and response;
- In collaboration with HR, review and update GREENCODE Security Information package for new hires and visitors.
- Ensure receipt of goods is in good order as described on the purchase order and requisition ensuring relevant technical advice for receiving goods of specific technical nature
- Ensure all health, safety and security precautions by all people involved in the store
- Ensure the timely maintenance of the warehouse and all equipment related to safe storekeeping
- Ensure store management policies and procedures are implemented in all programme locations; ensure that there is no unauthorized access to store and the store area is smoke free
- Produce stock/warehouse management reports on a monthly basis or when required
- Update inventory database sequentially, number of units, serial no., description of property, project no. /voucher no., date acquired, purchase cost, condition, location, user, expected disposal date if applicable.
- University Degree in Business Administration, or related field with a minimum of 3 – 5 years relevant experience in purchasing and supply.
- Masters Degree in Business Administration, or related field with minimum of 2 – 5 years and relevant experience in security and supply chain management.
- Familiarity with donor-funded logistics warehouse management rules and regulations (experience with USAID supply chain Management is a plus)
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with staff.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
- Demonstrated experience in supply chain strengthening activities, security and logistics management information systems, preferably with knowledge of information technology solutions.
- Proven experience working with multi-sector teams and the ability to coordinate multiple staff with varying levels of responsibility.
Application Closing Date
27th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending their Application and requesting for competency form, fill and submit the competency form to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] using ”Logistics / Warehouse Consultant” as the subject of the email.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff. Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applicants must be resident in Maiduguri or its environs and available to relocate to the project location (Maiduguri and Kaga) and speaks the local language (Hausa) fluently.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.