Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre (RIDEC), is a not-for-profit, pro-poor, non-governmental development organization working in partnership with the poor and vulnerable to improve their quality of life through the promotion of social transformation, economic empowerment, and environmental sustainability of deprived communities in Africa. Rhema Care is implementing Strengthening Community Response for Refugees in Nigeria (SCRIN Project) in Taraba State (a grant in support of water, sanitation, hygiene, and protection Services for refugees).
We are recruiting qualified, purpose-driven and result-oriented persons to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Takum, Taraba
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Programme Manager
Department: Monitoring & Evaluation
- The M&E Officer will be responsible for implementing the M&E activities of Projects in a cost-effective and timely manner and will be responsible for preparing reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, maintaining the MIS of the Project and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of data in relation to project activities.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Strengthen monitoring, supervision, and evaluation procedures of Rhema Care
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures, and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Document and analyze reports from the field
- Participate in field monitoring, data collection, data validation, and data quality assurance for the achievement of results;
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager and partners on project outputs and outcomes;
- The report, monthly, quarterly, or as may be desired by the funders on all project activities.
- Participate in monthly project reviews and planning
- Prepare relevant reports as required by the donor.
- Participate and supervise data inthe relevant electronic platform.
- Coll data entry processes for the Project;
- Ensure periodic backup of project documents;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and support their use;
- Perform other duties as required. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Open to, and tolerant of, other cultures and religions
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
- Proven presentation skills and ability to write detailed and coherent reports.
- Ability to utilize office application programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other program software or statistical applications.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports.
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS tools using database software.
- Proven ability to maintain schedules for deliverables and track budgets.
- Ability to coordinate with partners from all levels of government and the private sector.
- Ability to guide and motivate staff in the field.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Medical Sciences, or other related discipline, a post-graduate qualification in epidemiology or statistics is an added advantage.
- S/he must have a minimum of one year’s work experience in the design and implementation of M&E / MIS in development projects implemented by Non-Governmental Organizations.
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2022 (5pm).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and a one-page Application Letter, addressed to “The Executive Director of Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre’ via: [email protected] using the position they are applying for and their name (e.g. Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Karibi Chinyere Dauda) as the subject of the mail.
- The CV should indicate clearly their valid telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact address
- The Application Letter, addressed to the Executive Director of Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre, clearly providing evidence of competencies required for the job
- All applications must be sent via e-mail to the address shown above. No surface mails or telephone calls will be entertained.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone for an interview scheduled to hold physically in Taraba or via web conferencing. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Our Christian Faith-based identity is rooted in the vision, mission, values, and guiding principles of Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results
- Rhema Care is an equal opportunity employer with zero tolerance for fraud, corruption, sexual exploitation and abuse.