Chemonics seeks a WASH Market Specialist for the USAID Lagos Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Activity (LUWASH) in Nigeria. The project aims to increase availability and sustainable management of safe and climate-resilient water and sanitation services in Lagos, Nigeria. LUWASH will increase the availability, quality and use of safe water and sanitation services and improve the governance and sustainable management of associated sector institutions in Lagos. The activity’s objective is to expand and improve urban WASH service delivery and infrastructure through strengthened governance, increased accountability, and improved financial and technical capabilities of public water utilities and private sector providers. The project has four components as follows: governance and institutional arrangements strengthened to deliver improved WASH services, public and private service provider performance improved, access to safe and sustainable water services increased, access to safe and sustainable sanitation increased and the quality of source water improved.
The Lagos Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Program (LUWASH) activity aims to rebuild the social contract around WASH services in Lagos through contributing to the following objectives 1) reliable data on water resources and services and 2) change management for institutional development across objectives to catalyze sector transformation, generating WASH service improvements for at least 4 million people in LICs and building a foundation for continued progress beyond LUWASH.
The WASH Market Specialist reports to the DCOP/Service Strengthening Lead.
Supports coordination with private and informal markets for WASH services, Non State Providers (NSP) capacity building, and increased SME access to finance, working with the CBO and SME engagement officer to support CAREVO fund grantees (Task 2.3). Advises LWC on support to WASH operators to improve revenue collection.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support LUWASH technical team in the design and rollout of WASH interventions to ensure they align with the broader LUWASH outcomes.
- Support develop, implement, and track marketing programs such as email, social media, or digital campaigns, and events on behalf of LWC/LSWMO
- Support the collection of data on alternate service providers, customer demographics groups, prices, and distribution, and other information relevant to the LWC/LSWMO’s marketing situation.
- Analyze key performance data of the marketing campaigns to determine their effectiveness.
- Report on the performance and efficiency of campaigns!
- Cooperate with creative teams from LWC/LSWMMO departments to develop effective promotional items following the guidelines of the brand.
- Support the creation of original marketing campaigns and strategies based on the conducted analysis and recommend them to the management.
- Determine effective promotional channels including different types of media channels to deliver the information to consumers.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of digital media campaigns.
- Cooperate with the sales department to implement campaigns.
- Contribute to developing WASH related trainings, guidelines and standards
- Develop and maintain working relationships with local WASH actors, including national and local governments, communities, private sector, other USAID projects, NGOs, other donors, etc.
- Conduct market research and analyze trends to identify new marketing opportunities.
- University degree in Marketing, Communication, sociology, mathematics, data analysis, economics or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Marketing experience for 5-7 years; experience working with USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred.
- Demonstrated professional excellence, a knack for data and strong analytical skills.
- Solid knowledge of Google Analytics, various marketing, CRM Systems and analytics tools such as Marketo and other statistics and analysis tools.
- English fluency, with excellent presentation skills and strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing.
- Ability to work in a team and a fast-paced environment.
- Strong prioritization, organization, and project management skills
This is a long-term assignment. The expected duration is at least one year. This position will be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “WASH Market Specialist” in the subject line to LUWASHrecruit@gmail.com by November 17, 2023 . No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.