The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) supports citizens’ rights to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries – from developing democracies, to mature democracies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Consultant – Nigeria
Position Number: 22:106
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Division: Program Management
Status: Local National Consultant
- We requires part time individual IT Consultant Services for our office in Abuja, Nigeria. The incumbent will bill IFES at an hourly rate, for a maximum number of 156 billable days during the period of performance (May 1, 2022 to April 30, 2023).
The IT services required include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and install standard IT environment (e.g. laptops & peripheral equipment)
- Install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages; recommends and/or performs upgrades on systems
- Respond to support requests, diagnosing equipment and configuration issues with a variety of applications on desktops and laptops remotely or directly on the user-side
- Install, assemble and configure peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware
- Assist in the installation of network infrastructure including cabling, communications equipment and telecommunications hardware
- Assist in the organization of presentations, audio and video-conferencing (equipment setup, configuration and testing), working closely with end-users to resolve specific problems maintaining a high level of end-user satisfaction
- Troubleshoot problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, email, network and peripheral equipment problems
- Work with procurement staff on the procurement of IT hardware and software
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical problems with computing software and hardware
- Train other staff on software and hardware
- Work with IFES HQ IT staff to configure user accounts, attain licenses, and provide access to IFES resources
Qualifications & Experience
- B.Sc / B.Eng in Computer Science / Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years relevant field experience with reputable Organizations or International NGOs
- Proficient in English
Skills and Requirements:
- Five years of experience troubleshooting software and hardware issues.
- Experience in imaging laptops.
- Technical mind set
- Knowledge of computer, information, and network security
- Knowledge of local area networking, such as wireless networking and voice connection, and data analysis
- Organized mind
- Attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of computer systems for Windows 10 or 11.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online