IT Analyst, Architecture
Job #: req24693
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Information Technology
Term Duration: 4 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): English
Closing Date: 11/3/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
ITS Vice Presidency Context:
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in a sustainable way by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 150 locations.
Our vision is to transform how the Bank Group accomplishes its mission through information and technology. In this fast-paced, ever-changing world, the formulation and implementation of the ITS strategy is an ongoing, iterative process of learning and adaptation developed through extensive consultations with business partners throughout the World Bank Group.
ITS shapes its strategy in response to changing business priorities and leverages new technologies to achieve three high-level business outcomes: business enablement, by providing Bank Group units with innovative digital tools and technologies to transform how they deliver value for their clients; empowerment & effectiveness, by ensuring that all Bank Group staff are connected, able to find information, and productive to accelerate the delivery of development solutions globally; and resilience, by equipping the Bank Group to provide risk-based cybersecurity and robust data protection for a global network and a growing cloud platform.
Implementation of the strategy is guided by three core principles. The first is to deliver solutions for business partners that are customer-centric, innovative, and transformative. The second is to provide the Bank Group with value for money with selective and standard technologies. The third principle is to excel at the basics by providing a high performing, robust, and resilient IT environment for the organization.
The World Bank Group ITS Enterprise Architecture focused on enabling Digital Transformation, Technology Governance and Cloud with specific service areas covering all areas of the Architecture, (including Business, Solution, Technology, and Infrastructure Architecture)
The Enterprise Architecture department in ITS is seeking to hire an Analyst with an understanding of all dimensions of Enterprise architecture with expertise in Business Architecture. Strong knowledge of Analyzing data from multiple sources, conducting impact assessments, finding trends and patterns a must. segments on the SDLC process with hands-on expertise in architecting complex enterprise solutions such as ERP. The professional will also be responsible for developing the strategy, architecture and execution approach for the
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Support EA assessments, roadmaps and other EA Business engagements.
- Support EA efforts in support of the Business Architecture related strategic initiatives.
- Support impact assessment and EA analysis effort by analyzing data from multiple sources to identify patterns and gaps and opportunities
- Conduct workshops and Joint Design Sessions with stake holders across multiple business and IT domains to seek input for EA engagements
- Engage, communicate and secure agreements from business and IT stakeholders as needed in the context of EA business engagements.
- Supports the design, development and governance of EA repositories, and EA business suite of products by updating repositories, analyzing requirements, testing new/enhance functionalities.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant disciplines such as Business architecture, Information Architecture, Solution Architecture, Business analysis, and data science, with 2 years relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have knowledge of databases, best practices in Information Architecture and applying them to solve problems.
- Must have experience to create and maintain reports, dashboards, and other data visualization tools to communicate findings to stakeholders.
- Must have knowledge on developing and implementing data quality checks to ensure accuracy and consistency of data.
- Basic understanding of Enterprise architecture and frameworks and EA principles is a plus
- Strong experience in SDLC and application development and maintenance is a plus.
- Familiarity with front end technologies, Power platforms desired
- Deliver Results for Clients: Proactively addresses clients stated and unstated needs. Adds value by constantly looking for a better way to get more impactful results; sets challenging stretch goals for oneself. Immerses oneself in client experiences and perspective by asking probing questions to understand unmet needs. Demonstrates accountability for achieving results that have a development impact and financial, environmental and social sustainability. Identifies and proposes solutions to mitigate and manage risks.
- Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries: Collaborates across boundaries, gives own perspective and willingly receives diverse perspectives. Appropriately involves others in decision making and communicates with key stakeholders. Approaches conflicts as common problems to be solved. Actively seeks and considers diverse ideas and approaches displaying a sense of mutuality and respect. Integrates WBG perspective into work.
- Lead and Innovate: Develops innovative solutions. Contributes new insights to understand situations and develops solutions to resolve complex problems. Adapts as circumstances require and manages impact of own behavior on others in context of WBG’s values and mission. Identifies and pursues innovative approaches to resolve issues.
- Create, Apply and Share Knowledge: Applies knowledge across WBG to strengthen solutions for internal and/or external clients. Leverages department’s expertise and body of knowledge across WBG to strengthen internal and/or external client solutions. Seeks to learn from more experienced staff to deepen or strengthen their professional knowledge and help others to learn. Builds personal and professional networks inside and outside the department unit.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Client Understanding and Advising – Looks at issues from the client’s perspective and advocates for clients within own area as well as urges others to focus on meeting client needs. Works with others across the VPU to define client needs and develop the best approach to meet client needs (e.g., finds appropriate solutions and negotiates internally for needed resources and support).
- Learning Orientation – Stays abreast of new trends and developments in own specialty area as well as what is occurring in the broader industry. Experiments with new approaches and alters normal procedures. Tracks developments in the field through readily available sources and by maintaining active involvement with relevant industry, user and vendor associations. Sees the applicability of current or emerging technological solutions to current business needs.
- Broad Business Thinking – Maintains an in-depth understanding of the long-term implications of decisions both for related areas within the VPU and the client’s business. Involves the key players in identifying operating needs, issues and immediate solutions. Ensures that decisions are supported by relevant stakeholders and creates the business case for investment in process and enhancements. Sets clear explanations for the integration and alignment of services/solutions with business functions, focusing on the strategic value provided for area of responsibility within the client’s business.
- Business Function Knowledge – Proposes technical plans that are aligned with business objectives and technical requirements. Takes and leads actions to enhance business function standards and performance with the participation of business and technical partners.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.