The Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) was established on 22nd of May 1964 in N’Djamena, Republic of Chad. The Commission was created upon recognizing the need to formulate principles of the utilization of resources of the Basin for economic purposes, including the harnessing of the water. The mandate of the Commission is to sustainably and equitably manage the Lake Chad and other shared water resources of the Lake Chad Basin, to preserve the ecosystems of the Lake Chad Conventional Basin, to promote regional integration, peace and security across the Basin.
We are recruiting competent and qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Assistant
Location: N’Djamena, Republic of Chad
Contract Duration: 3 Years (renewable) subject to performance evaluation
Category: C5 of the LCBC Service scheme
Reporting Line: The Financial Controller
The Executive Secretariat of the LCBC is currently searching for a Assistant Internal Auditor. The responsibilities include but not limited:
- Ensure compliance of financial management in the Commission with financial rules and regulations, policies.
- Assist the Financial Controller in the Commission’s internal audit;
- Support the review of operational practices, financial management process and risk management within the Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC);
- Perform audit inspections within LCBC Member States, as assigned by the FC during his inspections;
- Participate in compiling and implementing the Annual Internal Audit Plan;
- Report to the Financial Controller on all audit missions carried out;
- Assist the Financial Controller in auditing annual activities;
- Perform any other tasks that the Financial Controller may assign.
Qualifications & Expériences
- University Degree in Accounting and / or Auditing;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in internal and external audit;
- Excellent management and communication skills;
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment and with a multicultural team.
- Excellent command of usual PC tools (MS-Office, MSAccess, Communication tools) – Excellent command of at least one large professional Accounting system required (knowledge of TOMPRO and TOMPAIE desirable).
- Age limit: 45 years old LCBC.
- Fluency in English and/or French.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their completed Applications which shall include the documents below to: firstname.lastname@example.org the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- A handwritten Application,
- A Cover Letter,
- A Certificate of Non-conviction issued within Three Months;
- A Certificate of Nationality,
- Work Certificates / Attestations
- A Certified true copy of Certificates and Diplomas;
- A signed Curriculum Vitae,
- Two (2) Passport-size Photographs.
Send completed Applications to:
The Secretariat of the Executive Secretary,
Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC),
Ronde Pointe Grand Army,
PO Box 727, N’Djaména,
Note: Further information on the job descriptions and profiles may be obtained on LCBC website: www.cblt.org .