The Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) was established on 22 May 1964 in N’Djamena, Republic of Chad. The Commission was established upon recognizing the need to formulate principles of the use of resources of the Basin for economic purposes, including the harnessing of water resources. The mandate of the Commission is to sustainably and equitably manage the Lake Chad and other shared water resources of the Lake Chad Basin, preserve the ecosystems of the Lake Chad Conventional Basin, to promote regional integration, peace and security across the Basin.
We are recruiting competent and qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Protocol & Public Relations Officer
Location: N’Djamena, Chad
Category: C4 of the LCBC Salary Scale
Contract Duration: Three (3) years, renewable subject to performance evaluation
Reporting line: The Protocol and Public Relations Officer shall report to the Executive Secretary
The responsibilities of the position include particularly (but are not limited to):
- Assisting the Executive Secretary as the Protocol and Public Relations Officer;
- Coordinating travels of the Executive Secretary and other guests in accordance with their relevant agenda;
- Serving as the focal point for senior officials and advisory entities of the Lake Chad Basin;
- Developing an administrative manual on diplomatic procedures for the Lake Chad Basin Commission;
- Drafting invitation;
- Coordinating audiences between LCB partners and the Executive Secretary;
- Ensuring and promoting effective communication between the Commission and these bodies at the political level, in close cooperation with relevant technical departments;
- Implementing diplomatic privileges and immunities in favour of the Commission;
- Managing the driver and vehicle allocated for protocol activities and reporting to the Secretariat;
- Managing all aspects relating to diplomatic passports for LCBC staff;
- Facilitating visas and passport registration for visitors on a mission to LCBC;
- Facilitating staff travels and missions.
Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, Political Science, Communication, History or any other equivalent Degree;
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Protocol and Public Relations;
- Proven practical experience in public relations
- Proven experience in communication and hosting diplomatic dignitaries desired;
- Strong ties with embassies and consulates are an asset;
- Experience in event planning;
- Experience in the private and public sectors or an NGO, preferably in a multicultural setting, would be an advantage.
- Languages: Fluency in English and/or French;
- Age limit: 45 years.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their completed Applications which shall include the documents below to: email@example.com the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- A handwritten Application,
- A Cover Letter,
- A Certificate of Non-conviction issued within Three Months;
- A Certificate of Nationality,
- Work Certificates / Attestations
- A Certified true copy of Certificates and Diplomas;
- A signed Curriculum Vitae,
- Two (2) Passport-size Photographs.
Send completed Applications to:
The Secretariat of the Executive Secretary,
Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC),
Ronde Pointe Grand Army,
PO Box 727, N’Djaména,
Note: Further information on the job descriptions and profiles may be obtained on LCBC website: www.cblt.org .