Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a leading Swiss organization for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection, and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum. Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, WaSH, Child Protection, and Education sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Infrastructure Supervisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Logistics Manager
Contract Duration: 4 months
General Description of the Position
- Under the supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Infrastructure Supervisor is responsible for facilitating effective preparation, planning, implementation, and monitoring of the projects’ infrastructures as well as providing technical oversight to the Program Managers.
- S/he is also committed to the management, respect, compliance, and efficient implementation of all related policies, rules, procedures, tools, and good practices.
- S/He works in complete line with the project strategy defined for the intervention and her/his responsibilities embrace:
Key Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Infrastructures: Project identification, Planning, Execution, and Monitoring:
- Support the Program Managers in the technical aspects of the development and production of new concepts and proposals that include infrastructures
- Ensure the preparation of technical and design documents, including drawings, technical specifications, and lists of quantities for planned infrastructure interventions
- Participate in the procurement procedures and assist in the identification of contractors and suppliers by providing technical evaluation support
- Carry out periodic follow-up visits together with the contractor(s) and relevant field staff to ensure that the quality of the infrastructures and project objectives are met within the established deadlines in accordance with the technical specifications and recognized standards.
- Ensure the application of safety and security measures by the contractor(s) in compliance with Tdh policies
- Maintain an overview of the overall implementation of designated infrastructures providing accurate feedback/recommendations to ensure that preventive and corrective actions are taken
- Design technical training materials relevant to infrastructures and provide adequate and appropriate training for the identified staff.
- Provide technical support to the Program Managers and relevant field staff involved with infrastructures at all locations to ensure accurate, quality, impact-driven implementation and active problem resolution.
- Contribute to carry-out local market surveys to ensure full knowledge and analysis of the infrastructure/construction environment (availability of goods/services, prices, contractors, etc.).
Reporting / Communication:
- Report regularly to her/his line manager related information on work progress
- Provide the monthly logistics reports on time to her/line manager (contracts follow-up, construction tracker)
- Assist her/his line manager during internal/external audits
- Take part in meetings relating to logistics aspects.
- Report to her/his line manager any alerts of non-compliance with Tdh logistics processes or policies.
- Agree to comply with the Tdh Code of Conduct and promote the Child Safeguarding policy
- Report serious cases of abuse on children that she/he would be aware of in Tdh’s intervention locations. Strict confidentiality must be respected
- Adhere to and enforce current administrative and logistical regulations and procedures
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Experience / Competencies:
- Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, or similar subject
- Minimum of 4 years experience in practical infrastructure/site construction management and project design including development of technical construction drawings
- Proven experience in sub-contractor engagement and management, engineering and construction management
- Proven knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards such as Sphere.
- Excellent IT knowledge: Auto-CAD, Microsoft Office particularly Excel, Outlook, Internet.
- Experience working with NGOs (Non-governmental Organisations) is an advantage.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organizational skills including the ability to work to deadlines, and priorities, pay attention to details, and ability to solve problems
- Good oral communication, writing, and reporting skills in English
- Proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical.
- Willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context.
- High sense of integrity, rigor, and flexibility.
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online