Job Identification : 11052
Locations : Maputo, Mozambique
Posting Date : 05/31/2023, 03:03 PM
Apply Before : 06/21/2023, 03:02 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UNOCHA
Grade : G6
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Practice Area : UN Coordination
Bureau : Regional Bureau for Africa
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education & Work Experience : High School certificate – 6 year(s) experience
Other Criteria : Bachelor’s Degree with three years experience
Required Languages : Portuguese and English
Mobility required/no mobility
no mobility required
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA’s mission is to mobilize and coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors to alleviate human suffering in disasters and emergencies; advocate the rights of people in need; promote preparedness and prevention and facilitate sustainable solutions.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Administrative and Finance Officer, the ICT Associate provides ICT services, implements ICT management systems and strategies, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The ICT Support Associate promotes a client-oriented approach.
The ICT Associate works in close collaboration with all sections of the OCHA Mozambique CO based in Maputo and Pemba as well as HQ ICT staff for resolving complex ICT-related issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies
- Effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages
- Support to networks administration
- Provision of web management services
- Provision of administrative support
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Manage programmes and projects with a focus on improved performance and demonstrable results.
- Skilled in Data Sorting, Data Cleaning, Survey Administration, Presentation and Reporting including collection of Real-Time Data (e.g., mobile data, satellite data, sensor data).
- Support digital business processes across a range of digital projects, programmes and activities.
- Use digital asset management (DAM) systems to effectively store, share and organize digital assets such as images, videos, and other media.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education is required with formal training in IT systems, business software and/or web-based applications. Certifications in CCNA, MSCA, MSCE, and/or MCP are an asset.
- A university degree in Information Technology, Information Management, Telecommunications, Computer Science, or an equivalent field will be given due consideration, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum of 6 years (with high school diploma) or 3 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant working experience in network administration and operations, web design, providing technical support for hardware/software or Cloud ERP environments, working with telecommunications facilities; and applying knowledge of database applications, web-based management systems and cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Experience working with user-centered designs and conducting user research and testing
- Relevant working experience, including network administration, management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications.
- Practical experience with SharePoint is desirable.
- Experience in administration or programme support services.
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
Important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.