Job Title: Humanitarian Programme Coordinator
Base Location: Country Office – Cotabato City, Philippines
Reporting To: Programme Manager
To lead any humanitarian response launched by Islamic Relief Philippines (IRPh) within the country in accordance with the Sphere standards (i.e., Humanitarian Charter, Protection Principles, and Core Humanitarian Standards) and other international humanitarian instruments (i.e., International Humanitarian Law, Red Cross Code of Conduct).
To lead the development of Islamic Relief Philippines (IRPh) emergency preparedness and response plan/strategy in collaboration with IRPh’s country team.
To represent IRPh in the BARMM/Central government, international and institutional donors, international and local non-government organizations (NGOs), and Philippines Humanitarian Country Team (HCT), among others.
The post holder is responsible to fulfil his/her roles and responsibilities in line with IR Philippines code of conduct, values, and principles, and to report to his/her line manager regularly based on annually defined key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Lead the overall country office emergency preparedness response and rehabilitation of disaster affected communities integrating crosscutting themes such as social inclusion, gender equality, protection, and safeguarding.
- Lead in the development of project proposals for an emergency response and seasonal programmes (Ramadhan and Qurbani).
- Responsible for planning, development, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the emergency interventions and IRPh Seasonal Programmes (Ramadan and Qurbani) in accordance with the donor requirements, Islamic relief quality assurance and humanitarian standards.
- Prepare quality and timely reports to donors as per Islamic Relief Worldwide’s (IRW) global quality standards.
- Support in the development, review, and implementation of Country Office strategic plans and direction around DRR, CCA, humanitarian, seasonal and emergency programmes.
- Lead in the development, review and/or enhancement of the Country Disaster Preparedness Plan.
- Flexibility in traveling and operationalizing emergency response in other parts of the country.
- This position requires an individual who is flexible, provides expertise and leadership at a senior level and who works well within a team.
Networking and Communication:
- Ensure visibility of programmes through quality reporting, collection of communication materials and contributing to IRPh webpages in close coordination with Communication Team.
- Build relationships with donors, UN Clusters, government agencies and other local and international NGOs in the Philippines.
- Represent Islamic Relief Philippines in various humanitarian bodies and clusters at different levels (local, national and regional) as needed.
- Assist the Programme Manager in diversifying the funding portfolio of IRPh by establishing relationship with potential donors.
- Develop strategic partnership on humanitarian response in those areas not covered by IRPh.
- A master’s degree or its equivalent in international development, management, social science, public administration, or any related field
- Knowledge of the Sphere standards (i.e., Humanitarian Charter, Protection Principles, and Core Humanitarian Standards) and other international humanitarian instruments (i.e., International Humanitarian Law, Red Cross Code of Conduct).
- 5 to 7 years’ experience working with various international non-government organizations (NGOs) in the Philippines and other developing countries.
- An in depth understanding of national and international humanitarian issues.
- Strong understanding of national and international humanitarian discourse around UNSDG/Agenda 2030, Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), Sphere Standards, Do No Harm policy, Red-Cross/Red-Crescent Code of Conduct, etc.
- Relevant experience in project development and developing proposals for a variety of donors including European Commission (EC), European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO), United Nations (UN), Department for International Development (DFID), Start Network, and Global Affairs Canada (GAC), among others.
- Experience and commitment to participatory management
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor staff from various backgrounds and cultural settings.
- Experience of working in conflict/post-conflict areas.
- With deep sense of accountability to the affected population.
- Experience in establishing partnership with local and international NGOs, UN and government agencies, institutional donors, and other stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen to other peoples’ views and perspectives, with conflict resolution proficiency
- Excellent program development skills for donors like ECHO, DFID, SIDA etc
- Has skills in people management, program management, coaching and mentoring of internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the local and national context
- Ability to network/liaise, collaborate, and represent the organization at different levels (national, provincial, and local).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with limited support.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Fluent in English and Filipino; familiarity with regional dialects as well as knowledge in using various social media platforms for marketing and advocacy campaigns are an advantage.
- Sympathy and commitment to organizational values and ethos.
- Any qualification/certification in program development and management, and humanitarian and disaster risk reduction are added advantage.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their CV with a cover letter on or before **11 December 2023,**to HR.Philippines@islamic-relief.org.ph with email subject or reference: Humanitarian Coordinator Application.
Islamic Relief Worldwide is a humanitarian and development organization and working in Livelihood, WASH, Education and DRR sectors in line with our vision of a caring world where communities are empowered, social obligations are fulfilled, and people respond as one to the suffering of others. We work regardless of ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, or gender.
This position is open for Filipino nationals only, women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Selection will be based on application letter, CV, interview, and other relevant documents (as requested). Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Walk-in applicants and applications sent through Islamic Relief Philippines social media account i.e., Facebook, will not be entertained.
As the position needs to be filled in on an urgent basis, therefore, we may stop receiving applications as soon as there are applicants suitable for the position.