ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises work with people living in poverty and exclusion; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions, and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg, South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
We are inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below within the organisation:
Job Title: Human Resources & Organisational Effectiveness Officer
Responsible to: HR & OE Manager
Line Management: HR Volunteer, Creche Minder
- The HR & OE Officer who reports to Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness Manager (HR & OE Manager) will be responsible for managing physical documentation, filing systems and contact database, Human Resource Information System (HRIS), staff insurance & wellness, staff/ consultants contractual agreement while supporting recruitments and AAN performance management process.
- Support the administration and implementation of HR/OE strategies and policies
- Provide support to the HROE Manager on the performance management systems
- Manage contractual agreements and renewals
- Manage the development and implementation of the staff development plans for each year
- Provide logistics for meetings, recruitment, trainings and workshops
- Provide support to staff on HumanManager (HRIS)
- Facilitate recruitment process from advertisements to resumption of new staff
- Coordinate induction of new staff
- Maintain and update all employee records in personnel files (both electronic & hard copies)
- Manage the coordination of leave schedules, travel authorisations and Time Off in Lieu (TOIL)
- Coordinate the HROE unit reporting process in compliance with all reporting frameworks within and outside the affiliate
- Serve as contact person on staff insurance, medical and pension matters
- Provide HR support for all teams
- All other responsibilities assigned by Line Manager and Head of unit.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Entire staff
- External: Service providers, Partners and other stakeholders.
- First Degree in Social Sciences or Arts / Humanities essential
- Membership of CIPMN or other relevant professional institute is desirable
- At least 3 years post NYSC experience in Human Resources Management (HRM) is essential
- Experience supporting recruitment processes is essential
- Experience managing Human Resource Information System is essential
- Experience coordinating staff contractual agreements, benefits, and wellness – HMO, staff insurance, pensions is essential
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general) & experience in handling cash is essential
- Office administration experience is desirable
- Experience working with international development of NGO is desirable
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Highly numerate
- Multi-tasking skills
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal skills, and both oral and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Experience designing and co-ordinating training/meetings
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Agile and detailed
- Creative and takes initiative
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Good motivator of others
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times
- Team player
- Self-Motivated person able to work with minimal supervision
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission, values, and objectives
Application Closing Date
6th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Application Form below and send in an MS Word attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org using the Job Title and Location eg: “Human Resources & Organisational Effectiveness Officer – Abuja” as the subject of the email.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- However, applications will be reviewed on rolling basis as received. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- ActionAid is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (including child abuse and adult at-risk abuse) in line with our
- Child Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse; and Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse at Work Policy and Overarching
- SHEA and Safeguarding Policy; as well as our zero-tolerance approach to Safeguarding concerns.