Partners of the Americas is looking for a Human Resources Manager (HRM) to manage and oversee HR practices across the board and introduce workplace policies for the USDA FFPr Mauritania program implementation. The HRM will be responsible for outlining corrective actions to solve workplace issues, employee relations, sustainable recruitment policies and strategies. The HRM will provide managers with clear evaluation guidelines and excellency standards to ensure all applicants meet the desired criteria. Additionally, the HRM will also review employees’ performance and develop training sessions as needed to increase productivity, reduce turnover, and boost employee morale and work satisfaction. The HRM will work in conjunction with Home Office Human Resources and Community of Practice to ensure compliance and best practices.
The HRM will be based in Nouakchott, Mauritania with occasional travel to Washington, DC. This position will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Leads, in coordination with the Director of Administration and Finance and with support and in consultation with the Chief of Party (COP), the Human Resources area for the project.
- Supervises the Human Resources systems of the implementing partners, ensuring that they adhere to the requirements established by the project.
- Implements the hiring process, according to the rules established by USDA and POA, for the project team (recruitment, hiring and induction, etc.) guaranteeing compliance with Mauritanian labor laws and regulations)
- Supports the institutional strengthening process in the Human Resources area of the implementing partners.
- Maintains Human Resources records updated, organized and with all the necessary information for all project employees, ensuring their confidentiality.
- Conduct spot check exercises to verify that IPs are complying with the rules set by the project around Human Resources issues.
- Train and reinforce the rules and regulations of the project, USDA and POA around Human Resources issues for the project and the implementing partners. This includes annual training as required on issues of workplace and sexual harassment, code of conduct, among others.
- Maintains close communication with the Director of Administration and Finance and the (COP) on sensitive issues related to Human Resources.
- Ensure compliance with local Mauritanian laws and regulations.
- Promote and implement best practices to ensure an excellent work environment and professional development.
- Through surveys and interviews, monitor the satisfaction of project personnel that serves as information for relevant decision-making in relation to working conditions and work environment.
- Solve problems that may arise with human resources and promote dignified and favorable policies for project employees that increase their satisfaction, productivity, and performance.
- Establish critical HR systems such as trial periods, performance evaluations, monitoring and performance improvement plans, promotions and salary increases, organizational restructuring, among others.
- Collaborates with the COP, the Director of Administration and Finance and the headquarters office in making necessary adjustments to the organization chart and policies and procedures related to human resources including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, training, benefits, professional development, and others.
- Collaborate with implementing partner HR managers and co-develop professional development and team building opportunities.
- Collaborate with the team on all issues of payroll management and review, social security payments, payroll discounts, among others.
- Anticipates and mitigates HR risks including the physical and emotional safety of staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, or a similar discipline
- Prior experience in a nonprofit organization, USG program implementation experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and HR Information Systems
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with recruitment and screening techniques and practices
- Understanding of Mauritanian labor laws and regulations.
- Written and oral fluency in French required, English proficiency preferred.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Kirk Del Rosario at email@example.com with the subject “HRM MAURITANIA-YOUR NAME”. Please note that only finalists will be contacted.
Partners Is Proud To Be An Equal Employment Opportunity And Affirmative Action Employer. Partners Does Not Discriminate In Employment On The Basis Of Race, Color, Religion, Sex (Including Pregnancy And Gender Identity), National Origin, Political Affiliation, Sexual Orientation, Marital Status, Disability, Genetic Information, Age, Membership In An Employee Organization, Retaliation, Parental Status, Military Service, Or Other Non-Merit Factor.