International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources & Admin Officer
Location: Damboa, Borno
- Perform retention procedures including storing of documents and record-keeping, maintaining strictest confidentiality of HR documents and data.
- Ensure that all steps of the recruitment process are followed according to IMC policies and procedures and state and federal labor laws.
- Manage the posting, advertising and circulation of vacancy, and screen received applications.
Schedule Interviews and Confirm Attendance of Candidate(s):
- Confirm applicant’s references
- Perform administrative tasks including, but not limited to, background check, completing employee documentation, recording data on each current employee, maintain employee files, confirm all procedures are following for terminated/exiting employees.
- Ensuring smooth on-boarding and separation for every employee, including ensuring that job descriptions for every position is up-to-date and accurate, ID Cards are provided, performance evaluations and other required processes are implemented on time and of a high quality
- Assist in providing information on employee benefits, program and education.
- Ensure compliance with Nigerian labor laws and with all IMC compliance policies to ensure due diligence requirements in the field of human resources and administration are maintained.
- Provide direction to staff recruitment and employment
- Preparation/processing of monthly national staff payroll
- Facilitation of international/National staff movement, support planning and purchasing of air tickets and accommodations
- Ensure all staff details are upload on IMC internal systems for payroll and time sheet
- Maintain and accurately track staff leave
- Ensure the office is well supplied with stationary and other office essential materials
- Ensure compliance to regulations including personnel policies and records, employee laws and issues:
- Overseeing employee health and safety procedures
- Updating job requirements when needed
- Cover all legal compliance for human resource federal and state requirements
- Advise on organization benefit needs or evaluating benefit contract bids
- Be a resource for IMC employees and assist management in addressing employee concerns Review procedures for employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Represent the organization in meetings, at the community level and in recruiting events
- Overseeing social events.
- HR Staff corps cohesion and inclusion:
- Study the social, cultural and ethnic specifies and the values and customs of the country of operation
- Promote team activities, peaceful conflict resolution and wellbeing initiatives.
- Champion employee assistance programs and promote mental and physical health and resilience activities.
- Be an active participant in security assessment and vigorously support the security function to communicate effectively.
- Embody the duty of care and exhibit a moral and/or legal obligation to ensure the safety or well-being of others.
Required Qualifications / Minimum Requirements Standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in fields related to Human Resources, Administration and Management.
- Professional Certifications (CIPM, SHRM, CIPD, etc. an advantage)
- 3 years of experience in human resources or related position.
- Organized and efficient in daily tasks
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Able to mentor and lead HR team and IMC staff
- Clear understanding and commitment to organization’s mission and goals
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and professional attitude.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as Ms Word, Excel, Email and utilization of the internet.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Extremely flexible and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values, and principles.
Required Skills & Qualities:
- Highly organized and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills with good problem-solving skills & creativity, supported by good writing skills.
- Computer literacy in all Microsoft office programs (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook)
- Ethical Conduct for IMC Staff.
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.