Development Exchange Centre (DEC) is a non-government, not-for profit organization with a mandate to support women to improve their living conditions. This is pursued through the provision of social and microfinance services for socio-economic empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
- DEC seeks to employ a qualified and experienced person for the position of Human Resource (HR) Manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day HR operations and implementation of DEC stipulated policies and procedures within the organization.
- The job holder will also provide Organisational Development support to DEC/partners with the facilitation of recruitment, remuneration and staff development issues.
- Prepare and present briefs on staff matters to the ED/Management for management decision-making.
- Produce and share periodic/quarterly reports on human resource matters with Executive Director, the Management Team, the Board, and partners.
- Support and advice on policy reviews as required.
- Conduct the induction of newly recruited staff, process staff ID card, issue, policy documents, pre-employment medical clearance and support newly recruited staff in processing entitlements e.g., relocation allowance.
- Process all other insurance policies, including renewals (e.g., Life Insurance for DEC staff)
- Ensure that employee performance evaluations are completed as scheduled, and the mechanism/process to reward and motivate performance excellence is followed
- Ensure DEC Nigeria personnel policies are in consonance with Nigerian labour law as applicable; this includes payment of appropriate taxes, benefits etc.
- Ensure that the payment of approved salaries and benefits adheres to DEC salary scales and protocols
- Propose and recommend a staff development plan for professional, technical and support staff.
- Provide support in documenting the Annual Staff Development plans and follow up with staff for post training reports
- Provide support to the recruitment processes e.g., invitations, logistic support to candidates, organizing venues for written and oral interviews, etc.
- Facilitate the provision of working tools for newly recruited staff e.g., workspace, computer, manuals, etc.
- Conduct periodic field visits and staff surveys.
- Organized periodic refresher training on policy and procedures.
- Coordinate staff exit, and retirements.
- Ensure an effective and efficient HR system
- Ensure that all staff have an up todate relevant job descriptions.
- Process monthly payroll in conjunction with finance staff and ensure payroll is delivered in a timely manner.
- Ensure adequate participation of HR Department in interviews for new staff.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the management.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc. / HND in Human Resources, Public Administration, Social Sciences related field (essential).
- A veteran HR expert with a minimum of 7 years of work experience as a Human Resource Manager (essential).
- At least 5 – 7 years prior experience working for a non-profit organization (NGO or INGO) is a plus
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report-writing and communication skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office, HR software and other related software is a plus.
- Proficient in talent management.
Application Closing Date
27th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.