Development Exchange Centre (DEC) is a non-government, not-for profit organization with a mandate to support women to improve their living conditions. This is pursued through the provision of social and microfinance services for socio-economic empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
- DEC seeks to employ a qualified and experienced person into the position of Finance Manager who will be responsible for the financial health of the organisation, producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research to guide Management in making sound financial decisions in the short and long terms.
- The Finance Manager will also perform a variety of advanced financial analyses to determine present and forecasted financial health of the organization.
- Perform financial management duties including generating financial data, compiling, and submitting reports, analysing industry trends, and assessing the financial health of the organization.
- Oversee the operations and development of the DEC’s finance department including creating and reviewing policies, budgeting, recruiting, training, and conducting regular assessments of financial procedures.
- Supervise the preparation of periodic account reconciliations, monitor, and enforce compliance with tax and financial reporting standards, and assist with cash flow forecasting.
- Advise staff,the Executive Management and the Board on sound decisions related to the DEC’s finances as well as wise and profitable investment options
- Supervise the documentation of the DEC’s financial status and forecasts.
- Mediate between the organization, employees, stakeholders, partners, external auditors, and investors on financial issues for amicable resolution of differences.
- Create strategic plans based on the analysis of DEC’s status and financial forecasts.
- Produce and share periodic/quarterly reports with the ED, Management team, the Board, and partners.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by DEC’s Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc. / HND in Finance / Accounting or related discipline (essential).
- Possession of ICAN or ANAN certification is an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience as a Finance Manager (essential).
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report-writing and communication skills.
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office and other financial accounting and planning software.
Application Closing Date
27th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.