Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
- Experience 5 years
- Location Sokoto
Project Overview and Role
- The Health Finance Advisor is a full-time position to support the State IHP Director in the awarded USAID/Nigeria funded project entitled Nigeria Integrated Health Program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides health financing expertise/technical assistance to State activities of the project, working with other technical staff and state government institutions as per project requirements.
- Analyses the economic and financing implications of enhanced access and improved quality of primary healthcare services
- Provides guidance to state level MOHs regarding budgeting for service delivery activities and HRH planning.
- Coordinates closely with the Senior Health Financing Advisor and other project technical staff to introduce new payment methods and manage health financing and economics related activities.
- Provides analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve health financing policy issues or problems.
- Uses various quantitative and qualitative techniques to perform financing and policy analysis tasks.
- Is responsible for the development of activity-specific work plans and budgets.
- Participates in and prepares necessary technical and program-related reports, including presentations and white papers.
- Guides and supports research, data collection, policy formulation, training and capacity building efforts in support of project activities and deliverables.
- Ensures quality of services and compliance per project/program requirements.
- Organizes as needed project/program trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Interacts with internal and external resources and other experts to bring new and “cutting edge” ideas into approaches.
- Prepares health financing analyses, recommendations, briefing notes, and assessments for internal and client use.
- Represent IHP at health financing meetings/events and actively participate in the state health financing Technical Working Group and other relevant technical committees.
- Documents health financing success stories/lessons learned and produce publishable health financing materials including policy briefs and peer-reviewed articles.
- Represents the projects, company, and programs in the health financing area in Nigerian and regional forums, as necessary.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Advanced Degree (MA, M.Sc, PhD) in Economics or Health Economics with academic specialization in Health Financing or commensurate work experience in health finance
- At least 5 years of health finance experience in Nigeria.
- Sound knowledge in State/Kebbi/Sokoto’s governance and health finance landscape
- Sound knowledge of methodologies used in health finance research, economic analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, quantitative analysis, and statistical/econometric analysis
- Knowledge of relevant literature related to topic area
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- Professional and mature demeanor and conduct.
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands
- Appropriate software skills necessary to conduct research, and to conduct analysis of study data, such as STATA, SPSS, or equivalent.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required).
- Fluency in English required, and local languages preferred.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group on palladium.csod.com to apply