Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Health Field Officer in Kyiv.
Contributes to implement and develop the health activities in area of responsibility ensuring the smooth efficient operation of the department in cooperation with the health team according to objectives set out in the delegation’s and sub-delegation annual planning. She/he/they is responsible for monitoring the health situation in their area of responsibility and contributes actively to planning and running the health activities at field level.
Functional general responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of the Mobile Health Units strategy (URCS Strategy and operational Guideline) as part of the Primary Health Care (PHC) for Ukraine
- 50% of working time at field visits at the ICRC Sub Delegation area of responsibility (AoR)
- To contribute and implement the URCS/ICRC MHUs Plan of Action as per plan
- To contribute and implement MHUs in collaboration with the Norcross as defined in the IRCA
- To visit collaborative health facilities for monitoring regularly, (at least 2 main facilitates as per plan)
- If needed, organize focal groups discussions with beneficiaries to identified needs or gaps
- To collect the data for reporting in the official reporting tools and specific for the plan of Actions for monthly, quarterly reports and other indicators report in the Plan of Action
- Previous discussion and approval of Health Delegate, creation of the Supply Requests (SRs) and follow-up on its status.
- Relays and cooperates with the Logistics department, along with Kyiv Medical Logistics, on issues related to the medical supplies
- Timely, routine reporting of field trips (drafts Field Trip Reports), meetings (drafts Minutes of Meeting), and quarterly reports, including analysis of the situation
- Feedback to Health Delegate on changes in the situation within the AoR which may impact on ICRC activities
- Drafts Weekly Operational and Assistance Reports
- Ensures necessary administrative work, related to the health department operations, is implemented on time
- Knows, applies, and complies with all the administrative procedures linked to a role (financial -such as working advances, etc.)
- Interprets accurately from English to Russian/Ukrainian and vice versa during field visits and otherwise, as required
- Translates non-institutional documents from English to Russian/Ukrainian and vice versa as required
- Adapts his/her behavior to various interlocutors
- Attendance at health-related meetings by different actors-providing timely feedback on developments to the health delegate (HD), and where necessary Head of Sub-Delegation/Health Coordinator.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Ukrainian citizenship
- Degree in medicine or nursing
- Qualifications in public health or health management are a strong asset.
- Fluent written and spoken command of the local working languages (Ukrainian and Russian) as well as English
- Licence to practice in his/her/their own country
- 3 to 5 years of total work experience with minimum 2 years experience in the humanitarian sector
- Good connections with local health authorities or groups of interest for the ICRC is a strong asset
- Knowledge of the assigned geographic area.
- Licence to practice in the country of residence
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law.
- Annual paid 20 working days’ vacation.
- Medical insurance for employees and family.
- ICRC Institutional training.
- Individual development covered by ICRC.
- foreign language courses.
- Convenient office location in the city centre.
Starting date: As soon as possible
How to apply:
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 29/03/2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/