Job position- Head of Field Office Work location – Dikwa/Magumeri/Konduga
Reporting to – Head of BaseSupervision of– N/A
General purpose of the position
The Head of Field Office shall provide leadership in field humanitarian interventions in the assigned Field Office. The incumbent will work closely with the Head of Base, all the Support Departments (Administration, Finance, Logistics, Security, and Human Resources), and the Sector Coordinators to ensure organization policies, processes, and procedures are followed. The Head of Field Office will ensure the needs of the office, guest houses, and other INTERSOS facilities are addressed in a timely manner. He/she will also create and maintain close relationships with local government, host community representatives, IDP representatives, local and international NGOs and international organizations, and other stakeholders.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Shares and communicates office policies, processes, and procedures with all staff in the Field Office, ensuring they are followed by all staff.
- Maintains open communication with Head of Base, other Head of Field Offices, and project staff with a focus on problem solving and office strengthening
- Supports the HR Department in performing specific administrative HR tasks, such as: timely collection of timesheets and staff leave forms and forwarding them to the HR Department; focal point to explain and enforce HR policies;
- Facilitates the recruitment process of staff in that work location, if necessary;
- Liaises with HR Department to arrange the arrival of a new staff;
- Liaises with HR Department, Head of Base, and Security Department in case of medical evacuation;
- In close collaboration with Finance Department and PMs, manages office cash in the field office, including distribution of cash payments;
- Ensures purchase request and finance documentation, including invoices, are collected, submitted, and forwarded to timely processing and pament of vendors;
- Supports the Logistics Officer/Assistant in daily management of procurement, including taking over duties when the Logistics Officer/Assistant is out of the office;
- Daily maintenance of office premises to a high standard (maintenance, cleaning, etc.). Working closely with Logistics, Security, and Head of Base to address all identified needs;
- Serves as Security Focal point, working closely with Security Coordinator and Head of Base.
- Regular updates on context and analysis or area’s security
- Secures INTERSOS premises and personnel and ensure monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting office compound, equipment, and access points and entry gates;
- Ensures all staff know, practice, and follow all security standard operating procedures.
- Ensures Security guards are aware of their responsibilities and present 24/7 on duty; ensure the guards have equipment necessary to perform their responsibilities;
- Establishes and maintains close relationships local government, community and IDP representatives, other NGOs and International Organizations, and others.
- Develops positive relationships between project staff, encouraging a One Mission attitude.
- Maintains close relationship with Head of Base and other Heads of Field Offices, working together to solve problems and strengthen internal processes and procedures.
- Performs any other task as assigned.
- Minimum of BSc. in Social Science or related fields of study.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience in an INGO
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relations with national staff members and other stakeholders.
- Experience living and working in cross-cultural, multi-sector, insecure, and/or remote environments.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in adverse conditions.
- Proficiency in common computer packages and financial software (MS Excel, MS Word)
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and/or Hausa Language
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 15th June 2022 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert, if an applicant is accepted.