eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
- Experience 4 – 6 years
- Location Kano
Purpose of the Position
- The Chief Accountant performs daily accounting, finance, and treasury activities as well as additional analysis responsibilities that may include support of the management team in a variety of operational decisions that have a financial impact and ensures compliance with state and federal financial regulations.
- She or he engages in financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, engaging in cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance.
What you’ll do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Performs month-end accounting activities such as bank, cards and petty cash reconciliations
- Validates the financial transactions in Sage X3 according to company policies and regulations.
- Coordinates with the finance team to complete assigned accounting tasks within the deadlines.
- Monitors compliance of internal controls by project accountants and escalates procedures weakness and non-compliance to Financial Controller.
- Assist in internal and external auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
- Monitor accuracy of all accounting entries and the precision of supporting documentation.
- Validates accounting entries to the general ledger and creates recurring journal entries.
- Prepares end of the month supporting schedule and adequately monitors projects advances, prepayments and accrued expenses.
- Ensures compliance with cost allocation policy and all other Federal funding cost guidelines.
- Oversees the general ledger system and Trial Balance on a monthly basis and ensures corrections are made in a timely manner.
- Engages in benchmarking with other in-country F&A teams to establish areas of potential financial and/or operational improvements. Interprets the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities.
- Reviews company bottlenecks and recommends changes to improve the overall level of company throughput as it relates to the processing of accounts payable. Creates additional analysis and reports as requested by Management.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
Who you are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university in Finance and Accounting or any other related field.
- Must have 4 – 6 years professional accounting/finance experience preferably with a non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO), or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough understanding of accounting standards and regulations (GAAP/IFRS etc.) in non-profit business contexts.
- Proficiency in interpreting financial and accounting reports.
- Proficiency in the use of MS-office tools i.e. Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- In-depth knowledge and working experience Microsoft Excel pivot tables, formula development, cost control checks, and synchronized or linked tabs that ensure accurate financial management and reporting.
- Proficiency in ERP usage – Working knowledge of Sage X3 will be a plus.
- Working knowledge of financial control and analysis.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive team player
- Self reliant, good problem solver and results oriented.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment, an effective planner with proven time management skills is necessary; attention to detail, action-oriented, personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility with great team liaison skills.
- Working knowledge of Fringe, Overhead, General and Administrative cost, and Management Fee.
- Good knowledge of financial management and accounting and budget holding principles.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work independently and is comfortable coordinating multi-country staff.
- Organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, multi-task and work independently.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
Certifications and Licenses:
- ACCA, ICAN, CFA, ACA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent is desired.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to eHealth Systems Africa on ehealthafrica.bamboohr.com to apply