Announcement Code: HIHFAD-2023-199
Job Title: Grants & Partnerships Coordinator
Reports To: Grants and Program Development Manager
Department: Grants and Program Development
Job Location: Turkey/Gaziantep
Brief description of HIH:
Hand in Hand for Aid and Development (HIHFAD), previously operating as Hand in Hand for Syria, was established as a UK registered charity soon after the start of the Syrian crisis in 2011 by a group of British Syrians to deliver humanitarian assistance to civilians impacted by the conflict in Syria. From humble beginnings the charity has grown to become one of the leading humanitarian actors serving Syrian communities both inside Syria and in neighbouring countries, employing over 1000 staff in Syria, Turkey, and the UK. As the organization grows, it now handles multiple institutional donors such as UN, International NGOs, and bilateral governmental agencies.
Purpose of the Position:
Under the supervision of Grants and Programme Development , The Grants& Partnerships Coordinator a critical interlocutor for all partnership processes across the organization, specifically focusing on improving and maintaining quality assurance and compliance, will contribute to strategic guidance and support for all partnership processes, and will be key player in writing proposals for competitive calls of strategically important institutional donors, steer the proposal writing process, and take a initiative to humanitarian programming development efforts and organization development as whole.
The position will be heavily involved in managing and directing the partnership with HiHFAD’s partners (upward and downward), including Donors, INGOs and Local NGOs, acts as the primary focal point where needed, and facilitates Organizational Capacity Assessments (OCAs) and Due Diligence Assessments (DDAs) to identify improvements of the organization’s eligibility for new partnerships.
Proposal / Concept Notes Writing:
- Participate in developing needs based & impact-oriented project planning processes and write proposals in the context of specific donor calls for proposal.
- Provide support and organize regular/ proposal-based field assessments for proposal development including involvement of local and other NGO partners.
- Actively participate/lead the proposal development process and coordinate the preparation of a full application and complete set of documents including internal stakeholder management and timely internal provision of required inputs.
- Ensure the timely development of competitive project proposals in line with donor/partner requirements and related strategy.
Grants Management (25% of the time):
- Contribute to agreements review, and protocols and advise on any commitments arising from these agreements.
- Collaborate with the programme/relevant teams to ensure and monitor timely reporting and adequate addressing of partner requirements as needed/requested.
- Track project performance/progress, adhering to deadlines, monitor any deviation and regularly check for challenges.
- Develop proposals database and submission tracking, while ensuring Go/No Go process is adequately documented.
- Ensure lessons learnt and/or any relevant experience for project design/implementation is embedded in proposals submission.
- Facilitation of internal and joint kick-off meetings for partner-supported projects, and follow-up with key departments for proper and adequate close-out process for each grant.
- Lead proper archiving of project documents and records.
Partner/Donor Engagement and Networking:
- Acts as the primary focal point where needed, participate as needed in meetings and events with partners, donors and coordination bodies relative to partnerships requirements.
- Create/manage donor mapping ensuring exposure to areas pf interest and updated regularly with internal/external changes, networking and build opportunities bank.
- Complete EOIs and Profiling processes with potential partners and donors.
- Facilitate OCA and DD Processes, follow up with vetting and screening requirements.
- Contributing and Leading on the development and implementation of partnership strategies.
- Deliver and perform all operational aspects of the partnership, including the quality of materials submitted and correspondence received by the partner, any day-to-day issues.
- Collaborate with Media and Advocacy departments to develop and implement effective PR strategies.
- Develop and contribute to various documents to demonstrate the organizational capacity (Organization Profile, Capacity Statements, Programme Profiles, etc.)
Data Management and Recordkeeping:
- Updating and revising all due diligence, registers, and related governance documents in collaboration with relevant departments.
- Maintaining adequate archiving and recordkeeping of partnerships records.
- Constantly maintaining an archive and register of grants, awards, sub-awards agreements and MOUs with partners, donors, and other stakeholders…etc.
Knowledge and Qualification:
- BA in Management, International Relations, Public Relations or equivalent professional qualification
- 3-5 years of relevant previous INGO/NGO experience in the same or similar position.
- Significant proven experience in partnership expansion with existing/old partners, with very good knowledge in partnership and due diligence related platforms.
- Demonstrated proven experience in proposal writing and grants management especially with institutional donors, Very good Knowledge of the requirements of the institutional donors, funding mechanisms and experience in reporting to donors.
Skills and Abilities:
- Initiative, organized and flexible, able to respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative, assess risk and make plans accordingly.
- Fluency in Arabic (Oral and Written), very good English language skills (Oral and Written), Turkish language is an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills in office suite such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Powe Point,
- Analytical thinking, Flexible and creative approach with a proven ability to resolve issues and identify solutions.
- Demonstrable high level of interpersonal skills and patience.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality.
- Turkish nationality is preferred.
How to apply
Interested applicants should fill the application vie the following link:
Only candidates who are short-listed for interviews will be notified.