CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Front Desk (Intern)
Location: Abuja FCT
Job Type: Intern
- The front desk will undertake all receptionist and clerical duties at the desk of our main entrance.
- He/She will ensure effective and professional communication between CARE Nigeria and its visitors both internal and external.
- Being the face of the organization, and the first point of contact, the front desk representative must have a friendly and easy-going personality while also being very perceptive and disciplined, dealing with complaints and giving accurate information at all times.
Responsibility #1: Welcome and Attend to all Visitors and Mails and Calls:
- Receive visitors and directing them appropriately.
- Provide an interface between correspondences from other organizations and CARE Nigeria.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing calls in a professional manner.
- Receive mails and parcels and ensure that they are appropriately dispatched without delay.
- Register all incoming and outgoing calls and mails, and other correspondence.
- Receive and deliver all applications for recruitment purposes
- Assist new applicants who come into the building to apply for positions, or to be interviewed.
- Keep updated records and files of all deliveries to CARE Nigeria.
- Answer questions and address complaints
Job Responsibility #2: Management of the Reception area and Meeting rooms:
- Keep front desk tidy, presentable and free of clutter.
- Manage the use of the meeting rooms to ensure there are no clashes by keeping a meeting room calendar to book all meetings.
- Ensure all relevant visibility materials are on display at the reception for visitors
- Manage all access into the office for visitors and report any challenge with the access control to supervisor.
Job Responsibility #3: Administrative Task:
- Assist in the provision of logistical support for all meetings, workshops
- Develop a rating system for mails received for the Country Director to enable easy retrieval
- Support basic admin and procurement system process to facilitate effective vendor management.
- Support operation team with vendor set up and management.
- Other Responsibilities as Assigned.
- Degree or Certification in Business Administration or any related field
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar position and with a credible institution
- Proven experience as front desk representative, agent, or relevant position
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. scanners, printer etc.)
- Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office package (especially Excel and Word)
- Customer service orientation
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Qualified Women are strongly encouraged to apply.