Are you inspired by?
- shaping and executing projects that set a precedent in the humanitarian fleet sector
- excelling in realising broad alignment between stakeholders with different interests
- working with a passionate, virtual team who are not afraid to challenge the status quo
- realising sustainable transport in the aid and development sector?
….then we should have a chat.
Who are we?
Fleet Forum is a non-profit member association that started with a simple idea in 2003: convene a forum of humanitarian and commercial organisations to develop standards of practice for fleet management operations in developing countries. Several years later, we have expanded the way we provide support to our community, from setting fleet management standards, creating a learning environment, facilitating training to consulting on the fleet management strategy of organisations. In essence, we want all organisations to manage their fleet in a way that has minimal impact on the environment, saves lives and keeps costs low. In recent years we provided consultancy support to organisations like Save the Children, FAO, World Vision and the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent.
To facilitate our growth, we are putting energy and resources in the next phase of our organisational development. This phase requires the engagement of a professional who understands our vision, can execute tasks, and lead our consultancy projects in the way that we continue to exceed expectations of our members and partners.
Our Manager Consultancy
As our new Manager Consultancy, you will provide direction to the project teams handling all aspects of project planning, requirements gathering, scheduling and work planning, communications, issue resolution, cost tracking, financial reporting and change management. You will also actively participate in the execution of the projects.
You will work together with internal and external stakeholders to prepare proposals and manage bids for organisations that can benefit from our expertise and request support.
Fleet Forum is a virtual organisation. No office, no assets, no people on the payroll. That means that you will work with us under a consultancy contract. The number of days will depend on the projects that you and your colleagues are able to secure.
What does it mean to be the Manager Consultancy?
You will be responsible for 5 result areas that fit with our strategy:
Our people are most important to us. We want to create an environment in which people feel safe (to make mistakes) and are stimulated and supported to develop themselves. We believe that only then can our people excel. You actively contribute to this in your role. Naturally, you are responsible for the development of the consultants and the project teams. You do that by your inspiring and innovative leadership, you are a coach on content and skills, and you ensure connections between colleagues both within the project teams and with the counterparts of our customers. You ensure that we can select the right consultants for the different projects you manage.
Members / customers
Our consultancy projects are important to support organisations to improve their fleet management performance. Besides, in most cases the project outcomes will become common good so the whole sector can benefit from it. You develop high-quality project proposals where you think in terms of customer value and the impact that Fleet Forum can deliver. You do this on your own and in collaboration with our Delivery Director, Development Director, and other members of the Fleet Forum team to jointly identify opportunities. You ensure that the proposals align with Fleet Forum’s strategy. You build and maintain strong relationships with (senior) management of customers, partners, and other relevant stakeholders that characterizes partnership, cooperation, and trust. Finally, you stay close to the customers by actively participating in the execution of the projects.
The world is changing quickly. Digitization, big data, and Artificial Intelligence have an impact on the activities of Fleet Forum and our members and customers. As our members and customers continuously improve their performance, we must ensure that we stay ahead of the game and continuously improve our support. That is why innovative strength is one of the most important competencies we look for in a new colleague.
Quality and added value are what we promise our customers. You are responsible for keeping that promise. You provide the correct and competent expertise and support for projects and tenders . You monitor project progress and take corrective actions as needed to meet project objectives and conduct regular project evaluations and report on project outcomes to stakeholders.
Result / impact
Our belief is that the result is the product of People, Customers, Innovation and Quality. You have the responsibility to achieve project results: deliver added value to our customers within budget.
What experience and qualifications do you have?
- 4+ years of project management experience.
- A proven track record in project implementation with multiple stakeholders.
- Proven experience with problem-solving and business analysis skills the ability to negotiate and bring consensus in high pressure situations.
- Proven experience leading and working well with project teams.
- Proven experience in proposal writing and project management.
- To be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, Power BI and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with collaboration tools like Miro and Mural is a plus.
- Experience in the aid and development sector is desirable.
What are the required competencies we look for?
- Self-reflection: actively seeks positive and negative feedback about their performance from a range of sources.
- Communicating information effectively: facilitates appropriate information flow to stakeholders.
- Excellent level of verbal & written communication, including speaking, networking, presenting, and writing.
- Full professional proficiency in English (C1). Full professional proficiency in French, Spanish or Arabic is a plus.
- Developing others: Helps and encourages others to create their own learning strategies. Persists in declining to take ownership while supporting others to resolve issues and evaluate outcomes for themselves.
- Seniority: have confidence and maturity to work with senior executives.
Innovation: always looking for opportunities to apply innovative solutions.
- Data management: Assesses quality of data, analyses, models, and interprets fleet and road safety data.
- Identifies critical issues with regards to projects and identifies areas for improvement, has a solution-oriented approach, thinks in options and opportunities.
- Being detail- and result-oriented, leading to successful delivery of the projects.
- Solid organisational skills including multi-tasking and time management.
- Contextual awareness: Observes or challenges the prevailing culture, values, norms, and unspoken rules of groups.
- Is flexible, can deal with unexpected situations.
How to apply
Are you interested and convinced you are the driven, people-oriented and value-focused manager we are looking for, then we would love to meet you. Please send your ideas and motivation letter before 5 December to Paul Jansen, Executive Director via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fleet Forum recognise that the Fleet Forum team with a wide range of backgrounds, each brings their own unique perspectives that shape and influence ways to be innovative and solve problems. Diversity improves decision-making and encourages people to be creative and hard-working. Diversity speaks about gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation or identity, disability, education, or any other bias. It refers to the issues that make people different from one another. It’s not who people are, it’s the perspectives they bring to the table. We encourage people from all backgrounds, communities, and industries to nominate themselves.