About The Big Smile Foundation (TBSF)
The Big Smile Foundation is an impact volunteer-driven non-profit/non-Governmental organization with the vision to transform the society by empowering every Girl Child completes the mandatory secondary school, committed to alleviating poverty, supporting people displaced as result of insurgency or any form of disaster through psychosocial support, while building communities and integration of people in conflict situation back to the society and providing a path way to prosperity for the economically disadvantaged people in Nigeria.
Program / Department Summary
- The Big Smile Foundation Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance.
- The Big Smile Foundation Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as TBSFs’ internal policies and procedures.
- In its role as a support to the Program Department, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to the Country Director and the country team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
General Position Summary
- Working in the Finance Department the Finance Intern will ensure quality documentation both physically and electronically and assist in the processing and recording of payment transactions in timely and accurate manner and work with the team to facilitate execution of routine tasks.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Understand TBSF policies, procedures, grant requirements and documentation requirements.
- Understand TBSF FFM, procurement, assets mgt, HR policies and procedures are implemented.
- Maintain the bank file, ensuring that all bank information is properly filed and updated
- Prepare and Maintain filling records of all program activities and other related financial documents.
- Prepare Bank Cheques upon receiving payment schedule and disburse it to staffs
- Manage the archiving of all financial documents and follow up with staff for any missing documents.
- Ensure the petty cash count performed on time (weekly and monthly).
- Oversee the maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded.
- Identify and follow up on any outstanding obligations and Keeps record of all cash, bank and advance updated
- Maintain the petty cash box and carryout weekly and monthly cash counts as directed by the supervisors.
- Make sure all income taxes, withholding tax, VAT and other tax are withheld and remitted to relevant tax authorities on monthly basis.
- Print off all payment voucher and match with the document to be filled.
- Make sure that all supporting documentation is prepared and filed according to TBSF procedures.
- Make sure all required documentations are attached, calculations are correct, appropriate approvals and reviews are made.
- Keeps record of all finance documents and reports are properly filled, labelled and store in a clear and easily accessible manner following the FFM.
- Assist the Finance department to enhance the efficient of existing control systems and any other duties assign.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- TBSF team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to standards guiding TBSF relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and TBSFs policies, procedures, and values at all times.
Knowledge and Experience
- 1 year of bookkeeping, banking or cashiering experience.
- A degree in Accounting or a relevant experience in this area is desirable.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Accuracy in the processing of cash transactions, mathematical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- A clear understanding of finance and procurement ethics, as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with TBSF policies and procedures, is essential.
- A high level of personal integrity, honesty and transparency in all cash handling is absolutely essential.
- The ability to interact effectively with international and national staff members is required.
- A demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately, meet deadlines, and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
Closing Date: 10th June, 2022.
Method of Application
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
- We are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.