Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – USAID Integrated Health Program (IHP)
Job Type: Fixed
- Engage expert consultant for the provision of Technical Assistance to the Kebbi State Ministry of Health and Kebbi state Primary Healthcare Development Agency to develop a waste management plan for effective infection prevention and proper disposal of medical waste as per national guidelines.
- Palladium invites applications from suitably qualified individual consultants to provide Technical Assistance to the Kebbi State Ministry of Health and Kebbi state Primary Healthcare Development Agency to develop a waste management plan for effective infection prevention and proper disposal of medical waste as per national guidelines.
- In this Request for Proposal, Palladium expects offerors to develop a custom solution and proposal to Palladium for consideration.
- Bidders are required to provide justification for the work proposed or methodology to be adopted.
- This will be the Best Value procurement. There is no standard SOP at the facility level and Kebbi state is not enforcing some of the key practices at the facility level for infection prevention and waste management.
- This forms the basis of engaging a consultant that can build the capacity of key state-level stakeholders on the contents of the national waste management guidelines and how to domesticate it in a sustainable manner in the state to improve waste management practices in the state.
- They will also be guided to come up with a detailed plan to fund some gaps and procurement where necessary to ensure the efficient and effective practice of waste management according to national standards in all facilities across the state.
- The consultancy will also focus on how damaged and expired drugs should be disposed of to prevent indiscriminate disposal which might lead to poisoning if it falls into the wrong hands.
The specific activities include but are not limited to:
- Find/suggest solutions to fill the gaps identified in the situation analysis conducted.
- Engage stakeholders to sensitize them on the outcome of the situation analysis and the importance of developing a plan in line with the national waste management guidelines.
- Conduct a 1-day Capacity building/overview of the National waste management guideline to ensure the stakeholders are up to date on what needs to be done to ensure implementation of the national guideline.
- Conduct a 2-day workshop to guide the state to develop a detailed waste management plan with cost and M&E framework to be captured in the next state Annual AOP.
- Strengthen the waste management system in the state by setting up a committee to ensure implementation of the plan at all levels The USAID – Integrated Health Program (IHP) wishes to hire this consultant to support the IHP Kebbi state office (Task Order 4-TO4) to in achieving the stated objectives in Kebbi state.
Type of Contract
- This is a firm-fixed-price deliverable-based contract.
- The consultant is expected to satisfactorily accomplish the deliverables before he/she gets paid for that deliverable.
- The IHP Chief of Party reserves the right to confirm if a deliverable is delivered adequately or otherwise.
- No price change is expected after the contract is signed.
- IHP will not pay for the cost of any deliverable that is not complete, of quality or on time.
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2022 by 11:59 pm.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please follow the instructions as contained in the Request for Application (RFP) and submit it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more details concerning this consultancy and other associated application tools, please, Click here for more information: https://bit.ly/3umy1R1
- No late application will be received after the deadline.