**Position Name:**Finance Officer
Supervisor: Finance Manager
The Finance Officer will provide support in the implementation of financial operations of the organization. Review, make necessary recommendations and implement policies and procedures for the general operation of the organization and its related activities.
- Support the Finance Manager in preparing annual budgets and quarterly financial forecasts for Jhpiego Nigeria office.
- Ensure compliance with JHPIEGO’s financial management systems and internal controls in the Nigeria office
- Support in preparing periodic budget updates and burn rates to project directors
- Prepare periodic donor reports for assigned projects and awards
- Ensure all financial transactions are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, and that transactions are correctly entered into QBs accounting system.
- Support in preparing monthly payroll and ensure all statutory deductions are made.
- Support the finance manager in preparing and consolidating periodic financial reports and respond to all financial queries from headquarters in Baltimore.
- Lead document retention protocols in line with donors and organization policies
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or its recognized equivalent
- Masters Degree in Accounting or professional qualification (CPA, ACCA or recognized equivalent) will be an advantage.
- 5 to 6 years relevant experience in finance or accounting.
- Knowledge of institutional donors (United Nations, USAID/CDC etc.) regulations, procedures and requirements a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- An understanding of maintenance of ledger entries, books keeping skills and bank reconciliation.
- Computers skills including use of spreadsheets and/or accounting packages
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, GAAP.
- Financial and computer skills – working knowledge of database applications, word processing and Excel, as well as experience with accounting software
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy;
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and partners.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
- Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Previous experience with nonprofit organization will be an added advantage.
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using: https://jobs-jhpiego.icims.com/jobs/4633/finance-officer/job
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Monday 13th June 2022
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org