WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change. Food assistance extends well beyond the traditional view of “food aid” as transfers of food commodities to hungry people.
It seeks not only to save lives and protect livelihoods in the short term, but also to combat the root causes of hunger in the medium and long term for a world with zero hunger.”
Why work at WFP?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤ Make a difference, the world will notice. We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY ???? Build bridges that unite people across the world. Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives. How we deliver our mission in a deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES ???? Unlock possibilities you never thought you’d find. WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐ Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential. WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference. Watch this video to know more about us!! Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mzGbaRAhz8&feature=youtu.be
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ), and report to the Head of Unit, Chief, Finance Officer, or the designate. At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of finance/budget related processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To support effective delivery of finance, budget and administration support services in order to facilitate transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources, mainly in response to the Sudan crisis.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance, budget and to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Monitor the sub-impress bank and petty cash accounts regularly to ensure that adequate funds are available and appropriately disbursed.
- Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations.
- Assist in compiling information from various sources in order to prepare reports relating to budgets, accounting, finance and statistics.
- Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective actions.
- Assist in performing all CBT work related issues.
- Assist in recording, reviewing, and reconciling all of the inter-agency transactions on timely basis in accordance with the WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Monitor and record all expenses in line with the approved budget in order to ensure that correct expenditure costs are charged and payments to external suppliers, cash grants and other supplier invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Other as requested.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education plus 5 f ive or more years in the areas of finance, budget and financial analysis & reporting or A post-secondary certificate in Finance, Accounting or related functional area.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
Knowledge & Skills :
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis and presentation.
- Ability to rectify problems requiring attention.
- E xcellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience in corporate ERP systems (e.g SAP) is desired.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Internal Controls & Compliance
Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to WFP’s critical activities.
Performance Budgeting, Analysis & Reporting
Demonstrates participation in business planning efforts by developing basic project-level budgets and forecasts, incorporating information from various sources as appropriate to monitor KPIs.
Demonstrates ability to track and compile reports on HQ and Field staffing and resource usage on a project-level basis.
Financial Mgmt. & Accounting Principles
Applies knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices to ensure compliance with WFP policies, applicable procedures and accounting standards.
Supply Chain and Operations Knowledge
Demonstrates basic understanding of WFP programme, implementation, and supply chain principles (including project modalities & structures).
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has experience collecting and monitoring financial data on projects and programmes, assessing financial health and status, and reporting findings to senior leaders.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Duration of Contract: Three months mainly to support the finance unit in the Sudan crisis.
- Net Salary Per month: As per the WFP salary scale
- Medical insurance: The Medical insurance coverage will be granted by WFP (cost is sharing among the contractor and WFP)
- Death and Disability: Covered for service incurred disability/injury/death, at no cost.
- Working hours: 5 days a week (Sunday to Thursday), 8 hours per day.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for submitting online applications will be on the 18th of June 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.