Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Kaduna, Nigeria
Contract: 2 year fixed term contract
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
About the role
As the Finance Assistant you will work directly with the finance team and the DID programme manager to ensure programme implementation and all expenditure is completed in accordance with donor requirements, general accounting principles and Sightsavers policies.
Other Finance Assistant key duties and accountabilities include:
- Development and documentation of the project implementation plans.
- The documentation, filling and archiving of documents (programme, monitoring and financial reports) in appropriate storage filling methods.
- Innovative implementation of activities for programme delivery and achievement of organizational objectives.
- Arranging and coordinating programme meetings and activities, also ensure reports are written and submitted within the expected timeframe.
- Preparation of payment vouchers, cashbook and bank reconciliation statement, partners financial report and donor report.
- Periodic verification of physical assets, bank transactions and collection of bank statement.
- Gathering/photocopying of supporting documentations for payment vouchers and coding and filling of payment vouchers in arch file accordingly.
- Process payment to vendors, per diem and transportation for participants during field activities.
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
As the successful candidate you will possess experience in a similar role and within an INGO, as well as having a professional qualification or degree in Finance/Accounting. Previous experience of financial management, programme & project management and administration will be a great advantage.
Further requirements include:
- Experience of procurement souring of commodities/services as well as raising purchase orders, and ensuring prompt payments made.
- Experience of logistics support with partners and vendors?
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for disabled people.
- Computer literacy and use of excel.
- Fluent written and spoken English
Closing date: 21 August 2022
We anticipate that interviews will take place from the week commencing 29 August 2022 onwards and the evaluation process will include a task and an oral interview.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.