Position number: DC / YAOUNDE / 2023 / G5 / 02 Date of publication: May 23, 2023 Closing date ( midnight, Cameroon time ): June 07, 2023
Job ID: 10842 Departure: BR-Africa Unit: BR-Africa Place of employment: Sao Tome Type of contract: Determined duration
Duration of the contract: 12 months renewable
According to Article 4.2 ( e ) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacant posts in technical cooperation projects is not governed within the framework of Annex I to the Staff Regulations and is done by direct choice of the Director-General.
In order to ensure that direct selection to fill the vacant position is based on the best possible decision-making process, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their applications online before the date indicated above.
Can submit their application:
- Internal candidates, in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I to the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates / tees*
*The general service recruitment process ( GS ) is subject to the specific local recruitment criteria. In this context, the ILO will only offer a contract to persons who are in possession of resident status and work permit valid in Sao Tome and Principe.
The ILO attaches great importance to diversity among its staff and welcomes the candidacies of qualified women. We also encourage those of people with disabilities. If you cannot complete our online application form due to a disability, please send an email to email@example.com.
Appointments to technical cooperation contracts do not confer the right to a career at the ILO or to an automatic renewal of the contract or a conversion for a commitment of another kind to within the Organization. In addition, the extensions of technical cooperation contracts are conditioned in particular on the following elements: the availability of funds, the continuity of the need for the functions exercised and the services and satisfactory conduct.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In accordance with the practice in force at the ILO, the external candidate will normally be recruited at the first step of this grade.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the appropriate tests.
The International Labor Organization ( ILO ) is the specialized agency of the United Nations system which has the mandate to promote social justice, in particular through the Decent Work Agenda. The Decent Work Support Team of Central Africa and country office for Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea and São Tomé and Principle based in Yaoundé ( ETD / BP Yaoundé ), represents the ILO in Central African countries including Sao Tome and Principe.
The ILO is implementing a project financed by RBSA funds, to help strengthen knowledge of the phenomenon of information in the transport sector and to formulate measures to promote formalization in this sector. It also contributes to the establishment of social protection mechanisms, to facilitate the registration and declaration of businesses and employers in social insurance systems. In this context, support will be provided both to improve / adapt the mechanisms of the National Social Security Institute and for the strengthening of socio-professional organizations in the transport sector, to facilitate the affiliation of their members.
The activities will be implemented in the two islands of São Tomé and Principe, respectively in the region of Agua Grande, which brings together all the administrations with regard to institutional strengthening, including Caué, Lembá and Principe.
In this context, the ILO Office in Yaoundé is considering the recruitment of a ( e ) Assistant ( e ) Administrative ( ve ) and Financial ( era ) AAF (.
2. Hierarchical line
Under the responsibility of the Director of the Decent Work Support Team in Yaoundé, the AAF will work under the direct supervision of the ( national ) ( e ) of the project. The AAF will benefit from technical support from the Administrative Unit of the Yaoundé Office.
Essential functions and responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for providing a set of specialized administrative support services for the implementation of project activities. He / she will support other projects that do not have an assistant if necessary. It is :
- Contribute to the preparation of the project work plan and monitor the progress of the implementation of the products and expected results of the project.
- Assist the CNP in the preparation of correspondence, activity reports, progress and evaluation reports, and ad hoc reports required by the ILO and / or the donor.
- Contribute to the strategic planning of the project based on results-based management and keep the performance indicators up to date ;
- Contribuer si nécessaire à la proposition des actions correctives pour la révision du plan de Suivi & Evaluation du projet ;
- Préparer et modifier dans le système Iris, les données budgétaires en fonction des demandes telles que les propositions budgétaires, les révisions budgétaires et les missions du personnel du projet ; chiffrer les estimations de coûts et les besoins budgétaires prévisionnels et aider à la préparation des états budgétaires ;
- Créer et tenir à jour les bases de données pertinentes (comme les activités relatives aux programmes) et diffuser régulièrement l’information
- Coordonner l’exécution des opérations administratives, financières et budgétaires pour le projet dans sa globalité, y inclut la préparation des spécifications et les estimations des couts des activités prévues.
- Prepare, and verify the supporting documents and monitor project payments, check the project financial reports, prepare the budget analysis and forecasts as required, advise and assist project staff
- Provide logistical support to Project staff, travel preparations, visas, hotel reservations, etc. to ensure timely administrative support in general and specific areas ;
- Organize meetings for the project manager, ILO officials and consultants who can support the project on a temporary basis, receive visitors, respond to requests for information, maintain office registers and project reference files and related activities, send and receive email and correspondence faxes ;
- Liaise with the focal points of the partners concerned on administrative and financial matters; Examine partner invoices to ensure that they comply with the financial regulations and ILO requirements.
- Perform all other tasks assigned by the supervisor and in relation to the implementation of the project.
Having completed secondary education followed by training in Administration and / or related to programming, or in a relevant field.
At least five years of professional experience in the areas of administrative and financial management, including in the context of program support and monitoring and evaluation of projects. Have good references in terms of workshop, communication and public relations organizations. Professional experience in the United Nations system would be an additional asset.
The candidate must have Portuguese as her mother tongue. In addition, he must have a very good command of French or English ( spoken and good editorial skills ) and good practical knowledge of the second official language.
– Aptitude à traiter les opérations administratives et financières, à tenir les documents financiers et administratifs, et à élaborer les rapports y afférent. Bonne maîtrise de l’outil informatique, notamment de l’environnement bureautique Windows (Word, Excel, Access, Power point…) ainsi que des logiciels courants de comptabilité.
– Connaissance des règles et procédures touchant différents éléments relevant du domaine des projets et des programmes. Connaissance des opérations du bureau
– Aptitude à effectuer des recherches sur Internet. Aptitude à travailler avec des données et des documents confidentiels ;
– Connaissance des pratiques de la gestion des projets et aptitude à maîtriser rapidement les procédures propres à l’OIT en matière administrative et financière ;
– Facultés d’organisation de son propre travail.
– Ability to integrate into a team and work under pressure.
– Meaning of responsibilities and availability ;
– Ease in contacts with partners and ability to respond to their requests.
– Ability to write.
– Analysis capacities and attention to detail.
– Great discretion and sense of responsibility with regard to the treatment of confidential matters
– Relational qualities, tact and diplomacy in relationships with others.
– Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to adopt a non-discriminatory behavior sensitive to gender considerations.
Please note that all applicants must complete an online application form. To do this, please go to the ILO e-Recruitment site at the following address: https://jobs.ilo.org/. The system provides the necessary instructions to facilitate the online application procedure.
The ILO does not charge any fees at any time during the recruitment process, either when applying for the interview, the actual recruitment procedure or the training. Messages from email addresses different from those of the ILO – ilo@.org – should in no case be considered. In addition, the ILO does not need and does not request to know the information relating to the applicant’s bank account.