E T Consultant-Senior Business Analyst
Job #: req22591
Sector: Information Technology
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 5/26/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
Information technology is an integral part of the strategic initiatives for all the Core Business Functions at IFC. Corporate Information Technologies (CIT) Teams provides comprehensive IT support for IFC’s Investment & Advisory Services, Financial Operations, Treasury & the Asset Management Company. A robust engagement model with business ensures prioritization of the business requirements & focus on delivery. The application landscape encompasses a wide variety of In-house and Customized COTS products (such as ACBS, Summit, Investran, etc.) which meets the business needs of IFC departments.
CITOP is seeking a Business Analyst (Extended Term Consultant), with strong business analytical and technical skills to work with internal clients to successfully develop, build and implement business solutions working along with a geographically distributed development team. The position will suit a highly motivated and versatile candidate with experience on Trade related Products who can demonstrate relentless attention to detail and who can communicate with non-technical clients. The candidate requires strong theoretical background and substantial experience in information technology, banking or investment operation, good requirements collection and interviewing capabilities, strong analytical skills to critically evaluate gathered information, and high proficiency in the development of business requirements documentation for large-scale information systems.
Duties & Accountabilities:
His/her responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Facilitate and lead requirements gathering (user story definitions in the case of agile projects) sessions with IFC business, subject matter experts and teams, producing basic documentation while addressing their ongoing project needs.
- Defines the product or solution scope of the project based on the need identified by the Business
- Conduct business process analysis meetings with business users and document in detail system processes in diagrammatic and textual format, as-is process maps etc. ensuring they are correctly documented to solve the needs of the business
- Engages with Solutions team to ensure requirements are fully understood
- Manages the engagement with the business partners on the scope and regularly briefs the business stakeholders on its progress
- Validate requirements and analysis models utilizing techniques such as reviews and walk-throughs
- Validate and obtain sign-off for functional requirements/specifications
- Initiate and manage prioritization of requirements with business and vendor teams
- Track and report on project functional progress against defined requirements throughout the project life cycle
- Creates/verifies user acceptance test cases and liaise between the client and the vendor during user acceptance testing
- Collaborate with QA lead to ensure Testing Strategy covers all Business Requirements
- Work with other business analysts to successfully deliver an integrated work program
- Master’s degree in computer science, information systems or a related field with 5 years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree within a minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a business analyst in a large enterprise wide system implementation program
- Experience working on Trade Related Products and Systems is a plus
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) Certification is a plus
- Experience in SQL is a plus
- Client Understanding and Advising: Looks at issues from the client’s perspective and advocates for clients within own area as well as urges others to focus on meeting client needs. Works with others across the VPU to define client needs and develop the best approach to meet client needs (e.g., finds appropriate solutions and negotiates internally for needed resources and support). Advises the client and helps them think proactively about how to best meet their current and future needs. Builds an independent opinion of clients’ needs and opportunities that may challenge traditional approaches within WBG.
- Strong and proven experience in documenting business requirements, use cases, functional and non-functional requirements, traceability matrix, etc. – Gathers information to expand working knowledge of the business or product supported to include key processes and operational aspects that impact successful execution of business functions.
- Strong facilitation skills to lead requirements elicitation workshops planning and preparation, presentation, knowledge capture and follow-up.
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) certification, Certified Scrum Product Owner, or similar training/certification
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.