Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Deputy Head of Sub-delegation in its sub-delegation in Kyiv North.
The Deputy Head of Sub-delegation assists and supports the Head of Sub-delegation in managing the sub delegation and implementing ICRC objectives and operations. The following files fall under his direct supervision: â€¢ Security management
â€¢ Assistance programs: Health, Economic Security, Water and Habitat, Access to Education and Weapon Contamination.
- Contributes to analysing the humanitarian, political and security environment in order to identify humanitarian needs in the area of responsibility (and contributes to the protection situation and problem analysis) and to defining the sub-delegation’s operational strategies and objectives, working towards protection outcomes and ensuring a transversal response where appropriate.
- Is in charge of implementing and monitoring operational issues, programmes and activities under his/her responsibility, in coordination with the respective heads of department, working towards protection outcomes and ensuring a transversal response where appropriate.
- Contributes to representing the International Committee of the Red Cross, interacting or coordinating with a number of external stakeholders (e.g. authorities, humanitarian actors, international community, donors) maximizing opportunities to address protection concerns and their underlying causes.
- Where necessary, conducts a dialogue with the Structure’s interlocutors (authorities, arms carriers etc.) on protection concerns in accordance with the relevant strategies and objectives, to reduce suffering and increase respect for IHL and other standards.
- Contributes to defining and implementing the sub-delegation’s security rules, in line with the overall security framework established by the delegation.
- Ensures timely and accurate internal reporting.
- Manages staff from the departments under supervision.
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
- Collects and shares information to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s image
- Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Ukrainian citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Ukraine.
- University Degree or equivalent.
- Typically, 4-6 years overall experience, ideally including 3-4 years with ICRC.
- Good understanding of the programs of International Committee of the Red Cross.
- Fluent in English (min C1), Ukrainian and Russian.
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 working days’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- Foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: As soon as possible
How to apply:
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 22. 06.2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/