E T Consultant
Job #: req24810
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 11/4/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC — a member of the World Bank Group — is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2023, IFC committed a record US$43.7 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC Lagos, Nigeria Country Office is part of the Sub-Saharan Africa Department responsible for all in-country investment and advisory services delivered to Nigeria mainly and other countries generally.
IFC is looking for an extended term consultant to work to support various business units and sectors within the Lagos office with data analysis and reporting for their new and existing portfolio.
The selected candidate will report to the IFC Lagos, Nigeria Country Manager.
Duties and Accountabilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Country and Regional Management team with overall project management, planning and monitoring of deliverables to ensure timely and quality delivery of the work program. S/he must maintain high degree of discretion and professionalism.
- Help support pipeline development across all industry groups by providing industry contextual data, company analysis, comparator analysis, industry research etc.
- Serve as the ‘go-to’ person for data/research and all operational/resource support work for Nigeria as directed by the Country Manager.
- Extract data from internal and external databases, manipulate and present the data in a variety of formats for a variety of audiences to a high degree of accuracy and consistency and update/maintain the information in database regularly
- Conduct market and industry research and analysis.
- Conduct investment or advisory transactions, including conduct market analysis and determine financial soundness of company or project opportunity.
- Financial statement analysis, accounting, finance, financial modeling, DCF, and comparable company analysis to support informed decision making.
- Analyze and synthesize debt pricing benchmarks and equity trading comparable.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree (preferably with a specialization in Finance, Business, Accounting or Economics – enrollment in the CFA program is a plus).
- Up to 2 years work experience in a financial institution, particularly in investment projects (experience in infrastructure-related projects will be a plus)
- Basic understanding of how specific investments or advisory transactions in different industries and sectors impact economic, market, and social development, and how to use mapping methodology to assess market conditions, gaps, and business opportunities.
- Ability to develop complex financial models.
- Able to write in a logical and comprehensive, yet concise manner.
- Demonstrates active listening skills by being attentive and listening to others to identify client and stakeholder needs.
- Keen interest in development finance and multicultural environments.
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standard, ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
- Strong knowledge of financial markets.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate/project finance.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in additional languages is preferred.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.