Executive to support risk management and compliance
Job advertisement : Jun 20, 2023
Publication cancellation date : Jul 4/2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLMEX
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: NPP ( National Project Personnel )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Mexico-Mexico City
Duration: 10 months
Position Number: N / A
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The post is located in the FAO Representation in Mexico
Under the supervision of the Assistant Representative for Administration of FAO Mexico
Field of specialization
Risk management and compliance
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support in the recognition and implementation of tools for risk management. ICQ, FPP and Risk Registry.
- Design together with the owners of the organization’s processes, methods and processes to manage the risks and opportunities associated with the organizational objectives.
- Guarantee that the operation of the organization at all levels is legitimate and ethically correct, while considering the risks that could affect its continuity and the security of the Office.
- Communicate knowledge about risk within the organization and identify operational risks.
- Verify that functional risk mitigation plans are implemented.
- Keep staff updated on changes generated in regulations by headquarters and make adjustments to internal policies and procedures: as well as follow up on compliance.
- Monitor the standardized implementation of the regulations.
- Train staff on regulations.
- Support in the review of administrative and operational processes and preparation of flow charts.
- Execute and supervise the security actions of the infrastructure, furniture and equipment and the personnel of the Office in accordance with the applicable regulations ( SRM and RSM ).
- Alternate Security Focal Point.
- Coordinate and manage surveillance services for the security and integrity required in facilities, goods, equipment, personnel and visitors in general that are within the Office.
- Together with the owners of the organization’s processes, identify the vulnerabilities of the procedures that may cause some type of fraud, to establish prevention measures.
- Prepare the annual internal audit plan and comply with it.
- Verificar que se implementen las recomendaciones de auditoría.
- Leverage and use the compliance tools defined by the organization.
- Collaborate in the preparation of the POA and establish a procedure for its periodic verification of compliance.
- Perform any other function aligned with the objective of the position
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Five years of experience in tasks related to the position.
- An excellent command (level C) of Spanish and intermediate knowledge (level B) of English are required.
- National of Mexico.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Administration, or related fields.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
- Aptitude to effectively use standard office software such as MS Office ( Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Exchange ) and others.
- Aptitude to effectively use accounting software and other information systems and databases to incorporate data, search, retrieve/define special reports and analyze and edit the results in a suitable format.
- Proven skills to establish fluid working relationships with representatives of government institutions and NGOs
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. If you need help or have questions, contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the expiration of the application deadline will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO website on employment: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- If you would like to apply, go to the FAO recruitment website ( Jobs at FAO) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to apply well in advance of the deadline.
- If you need help, contact: Careers@fao.org.
SMOKING IS PROHIBITED ON FAO PREMISES