Job #: req22704
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Sao Paulo,Brazil
Required Language(s): Portuguese
Preferred Language(s): English
Closing Date: 5/29/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The IFC is now seeking to recruit a Driver to be based in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The selected candidate will provide a full range of daily official transportation requirements including the office support work, dropping/collecting parcels to/from clients and vendors.
The selected candidate will report to the Office Administrator and is expected to work under the general direction of, the Country Manager. The Driver will drive IFC official vehicles to transport the Country Manager, other office staff, mission members, visitors, delegates, documents, goods or supplies.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provide transportation for official business to the Country manager and other local and visiting IFC staff as needed in Sao Paulo and other cities as required.
- Ensure staff follows Road Safety Guidelines as passengers and ensure safety of passengers and vehicle (lock vehicle doors, safe parking areas, identify safe routes, etc).
- Collect and deliver official documents to Government officials, IFC clients, Embassies, etc, as needed.
- Responsible to update IFC vehicles log book of vehicles use on a regular basis for proper recording of mileage.
- Ensure periodic maintenance and repair needs of IFC’s vehicles are performed; responsible for update of maintenance record is kept accordingly.
- Perform daily vehicles security check up; ensure safe keeping of vehicles accessories (e.g. jack, first aid kit, spare tires, flashlight, etc.) regularly.
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Follow UN directives; be informed of daily security advisory provided by UNDSS and drive accordingly.
- Support Country Office administrative functions when driver services are not solicited including: reception back-up, sorting and distributing incoming mail and faxes, photocopying, delivering urgent mail/messages, obtaining authorizations, and handling courier services.
- Assist and follow up of incoming shipments including customs clearances, as needed.
- Have at least five years of experience as a driver preferably with international organizations.
- Have excellent knowledge of Brazil’s traffic rules and be extremely road safety conscious.
- Be able to work under pressure, flexible with working hours and prompt with timings.
- Have good communication skills and polite manners
- Be a committed team player able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Mature judgment.
- Willingness to work overtime when needed.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to drive passengers safely to their destination point in all circumstances.
- Ability to identify shortest routes keeping current with daily traffic constraints (protests, road works, etc).
- Shows positive, constructive attitude.
- Make Smart Decisions.
- Collaborate with the team to maximize added value when not driving.
- Responds to client requests in a timely manner.
- Seeks opportunities to grow and further develop own capabilities.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.