Compliance Review Phase Case Assistant- Consultant at the Independent Consultation and Investigation Mechanism (MICI).
Post of duty: Washington DC, United States
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this position
Currently MICI is seeking to hire a Case Assistant Consultant to support the work of the Compliance Review Phase (hereinafter “the Phase”) with focus on assisting the Compliance Review officers and the Compliance Review Phase Coordinator by providing administrative support in cases managed by the Phase. This includes researching documentation related to Requests— those currently active in the portfolio and new ones—, conducting desk reviews, producing inputs for reports, and supporting the drafting of Recommendations and Terms of Reference for Compliance Reviews and specific sections of Compliance Review Reports.
The work requires a combination of technical tasks and administrative support tasks which should be performed in close coordination with other administrative staff to ensure consistency of outputs, compliance with internal policies and procedures, and efficient use of time and financial resources.
The Independent Consultation and Investigation Mechanism (MICI for its initials in Spanish) is the independent accountability mechanism of the Inter-American Development Bank Group. The MICI reflects the IDB Group’s institutional commitment to accountability, transparency, and effectiveness. It functions independently from IDB Group’s Management, reporting to the Board of Executive Directors.
For more information about MICI, its mandate and its transparency and reporting obligations, please go to our website: www.iadb.org/mici
What you’ll do
The Consultant will be assigned to support the Compliance Review Phase of the Mechanism and will also assist in activities related with the reception of new requests (12 on average per year) and the processing of contracts (15 on average per year) but may be required to provide support in other areas depending on caseload. Under the direct supervision of the Compliance Review Coordinator and the guidance of the Registration Specialist, the Consultant , as a junior member of the case management team is expected to:
- Assignments include a variety of administrative tasks requiring understanding of the work and functions of the Mechanism, as well as thorough knowledge of applicable Policies and internal procedures. Some of the work executed by the incumbent may also require knowledge of specific administrative processes and procedures of other areas of the Bank such as those related to travel, procurement, budget, records management, etc. Some assignments involve the interpretation and consolidation of data and information, as well as consideration of alternative procedures and work methods.
- Assist in the reception of new Requests, by classifying, registering and filing, during the Registration and Eligibility proccess.
- Support the timely drafting/updating of case related documentation, guidelines, list of documents and other procedural documents as needed.
- Update the system used to monitor the processing of cases as needed, manage the team’s calendar of activities, and coordinate with other MICI staff as needed.
- Coordinate team teleconferences and meetings, assume responsibility for their travel arrangements and manage the logistics for field missions in compliance with Bank procedures.
- Assist in the contracting process of consultants and other type of personnel and the execution of said contracts as needed.
- Participate in planning and preparation processes, produce minutes, and follow up on pending matters and action agreements.
- Assist the Phase team with all administrative matters required by the Phase team to comply with their work.
- Assist the Phase team by ensuring the documents and reports produced comply with the Access to Information Policy and other Bank administrative policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date on the case, its status at any given stage and any upcoming management milestones as defined by the MICI Policy and relevant guidelines.
- Assist with research of documentation related to cases.
- Analyze, systematize, and summarize reading materials/documents related to matters of interest for the work of the MICI, especially cases under the Compliance Review Phase, and create and maintain a documentary database accessible to all MICI.
- Based on the analysis classify, register and file as appropriate in accordance with internal filing guidelines.
- Proof-read, format, and edit reports and other documents in accordance with internal guidelines and procedures.
- Comply with all deadlines assigned by the Phase team members for tasks and activities.
- Other administrative activities as required by his/her supervisor and/or the MICI Director.
- Provide support as required by team members in line with the responsibilities here detailed.
- Provide periodic reports regarding pending tasks and status of deliverables requested as required by his/her supervisor and/or the MICI Director.
What you’ll need
Education: Technical studies or associate degree. Studies in Economics, Business Administration or related fields are highly preferred.
Experience: A minimum of two years of relevant experience
Languages: Proficiency in Spanish and English. Knowledge of Portuguese and/or French is desirable.
- Learn continuously.
- Collaborate and share knowledge.
- Focus on clients.
- Communicate and influence.
Core and Technical Competencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: word processing software, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, and database programs. Knowledge of SharePoint, SAP and Salesforce is desirable.
- Skills: The candidate should be able to:
- Handle a wide range of tasks and work under limited supervision.
- Experience with gathering, analyzing, synthesizing, and reporting complex information and producing meaningful summaries of information in reports and otherwise.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Exceedingly well organized and willing to tackle administrative challenges of working in a small office of diverse people and programs.
- Interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Communicate effectively and respond to requests promptly and resourcefully to deliver high quality service.
- Ability to carry himself/herself with professionalism when interacting with involved parties and colleagues, respond to requests promptly and resourcefully to deliver high quality service.
- Knowledge of international financial institutions and accountability mechanisms.
- Technology savvy and fast learner to make efficient use of office software. Ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external clients and colleagues.
The MICI staff and consultants are bound by the IDB Code of Ethics and other provisions that may require the safeguarding of information and preserving confidentiality.
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries.
- Consanguinity : You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
Type of contract and duration
Type of contract: Consultant Modality (CNS)
Length of contract: 19 months Full time
Work Location: On Site
What we offer
The IDB group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
- A competitive compensation packages.
- Leaves and vacations : 2 days per month of contract + gender- neutral parental leave.
- Health Insurance : the IDB Group provides a monthly allowance for the purchase of health insurance.
- Savings plan : The IDB Group cares about your future, depending on the length of the contract, you will receive a monthly savings plan allowance.
- We offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your family when it applies.
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules.
- Development support: We offer learning opportunities to boost your professional profile such as seminars, 1:1 professional counseling, and much more.
- Health and wellbeing: Access to our Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for all employees.
- Other perks: Lactation Room, Daycare Center, Gym, Bike Racks, Parking, and others.
- A competitive compensation packages.
- A flexible way of working. You will be evaluated by deliverable.
At the IDB Group we work so everyone brings their best and authentic selves to work, willing to try new approaches without fear, and where they are accountable and rewarded for their actions.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at email@example.com to request reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Our Human Resources Team reviews carefully every application.
About the IDB Group
The IDB Group, composed of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), IDB Invest, and the IDB Lab offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through lending and grants to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
We work to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Through financial and technical support for countries working to reduce poverty and inequality, we help improve health and education and advance infrastructure. Our aim is to achieve development in a sustainable, climate-friendly way. With a history dating back to 1959, today we are the leading source of development financing for Latin America and the Caribbean. We provide loans, grants, and technical assistance; and we conduct extensive research. We maintain a strong commitment to achieving measurable results and the highest standards of integrity, transparency, and accountability.
- External Opening Date: May 23, 2023
- External Closing Date: Jun 7, 2023
- Job Field: Technical Support