The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Women’s Football
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Ready to lead a new era in African football?
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to elevate the organization to the highest international standards? CAF is looking to recruit a Director of Women’s Football.
- Drive and lead the strategic development of women’s football at the administration of CAF in all aspects: competitions, technical development, participation, calendar, commercial development, marketing, communication, broadcasting, governance, club, league development, professionalization, and leadership as well as social impact.
- Implementation and evolution of CAF’s women’s football strategy.
- Lead and motivate a highly competent, multicultural team that serves the 54 MAs and assists them with the development of women’s football.
- Contribute to CAF’s overall transformation and development as a member of the Board of Directors.
- Contribute to the development of an overall strategic plan for CAF.
- Under the leadership of the General Secretary and alongside other Directors, take responsibility for the overall result by always acting with the bigger picture in mind.
- Collaborate with all departments and divisions of CAF in order to achieve the best possible results for the development of women’s football and the organisation.
- Closely collaborate with MAs, FIFA, other confederations, relevant stakeholders of the football ecosystem as well as with governmental and non-governmental institutions to maximise the impact for women’s football.
- Work effectively in the complex environment of this organisation with the leadership of CAF, your team, CAF’s management board, the MAs, stakeholders,
- NGOs and the (pandemic-impacted) football community.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline.
- 10 years+ of experience in various capacities in international organisations, ideally in football administration and development.
- In depth knowledge of the women’s football ecosystem, regulatory framework, and development mechanisms. football development programmes, the football stakeholder landscape, regulatory frameworks, the WIMC, the structure and functioning of football associations, technical development programmes, club licensing mechanisms, football association statutes and competitions from grassroots to the top level.
- Detailed knowledge about the African women’s football landscape, experience as a coach, player or referee are a plus.
- Experience in leading a multinational and multidiscipline team and in complex cross-country or regional projects.
- Solid knowledge of strategic development, global view, and strategic vision.
- Experience in collaboration with governmental and/or business partners as well as with nongovernmental organisations.
- Fluent in English and/or French language both written and spoken; command of any of the other CAF official languages (English, French or Arabic) is a plus.
- Strong sense of accountability, responsibility, and integrity.
- Team player with outstanding communicational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization.
- Attractive employment conditions.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Quality social security coverage.
- An excellent pension schemes.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and References) in English or French to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.
- If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for a top international sporting organization
- Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration