Digital Marketing and Communication Consultant Job #562605 /Local consultancy open for Bulgarian nationals only/
Job no: 562605
Position type: Consultant
Location: Bulgaria Division/Equivalent: CEE/CIS
Department/Office: Sofia, Bulgaria
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, an inspiration.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Communication Officer, the consultant will assist UNICEF Bulgaria Communications team in development and execution of digital campaigns in accordance with the Communication Strategy and Communication Plan and will contribute to the successful implementation of digital fundraising campaigns for individual donors’ acquisition. He/She will be responsible for all web-related activities, including maintaining UNICEF in Bulgaria online presence; creating innovative content for digital outreach to integrate digital into all aspects of implementation of the Country Communications Strategy, as well as Programme and Fundraising objectives, in line with the Country Programme Document, Global Communication and Public Advocacy Strategy.
How can you make a difference?
1. Digital Campaigns and Social media outreach
- Update social media channels (Facebook, Tik Tok, You Tube and Instagram) regularly posting UNICEF Bulgaria Programme activities.
- Prepare digital media packs for flagship events, initiatives, campaigns.
2. Digital presence maintenance and content creation
- Participate in different communications and advocacy events, field trips and fundraising campaigns to generate (live) social media content.
- Create of videos and articles on UNICEF Bulgaria Programme activities
- Support Fundraising sector to develop videos and articles for Fundraising campaigns
- Support of coordination of digital promotions and paid advertising campaigns, monitor and optimize the performance of campaign set by external agencies and partners.
- Draft engaging and compelling content for UNICEF’s donation webpage in close cooperation with the Fundraising Officer. Regularly update the content of the donation website in line with planned fundraising and communication campaigns and activities.
3. Analytics and reporting
- Generate and analyze reports on web traffic and KPIs using Google Analytics, Hootsuite, and other social media-focused analytics channels.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, PR, Digital Communications, Social Sciences, Communication or a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in social media management, PR, journalism or writing for the web.
- Understanding of web experience management as well as demonstrated skills in maintaining websites and social media accounts, especially: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, as well as experience with new media, with special focus on adolescents and youth engagement.
- Knowledge and understanding of the local and global digital landscape and trends.
- Experience with graphic design, ability to write technical specifications for designers, create simple designs for digital media purposes in open-source graphic design programmes, such as Canva.
- Ability to integrate PR/communication initiatives with social media.
- Excellent content creation and writing skills, experience developing compelling content to generate responses from audiences online.
- Ability to take quality photographs and live videos, as well as basic photo and video editing skills.
- Experience in reporting on qualitative and quantitative analytics.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability, and Sustainability (CRITAS).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
UNICEF offers reasonable accommodation for consultants/individual contractors with disabilities. This may include, for example, accessible software, travel assistance for missions or personal attendants. We encourage you to disclose your disability during your application in case you need reasonable accommodation during the selection process and afterwards in your assignment.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully-vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment. It does not apply to consultants who will work remotely and are not expected to work on or visit UNICEF premises, programme delivery locations or directly interact with communities UNICEF works with, nor to travel to perform functions for UNICEF for the duration of their consultancy contracts.
Advertised: Jun 02 2023 FLE Daylight Time Application close: Jun 14 2023 FLE Daylight Time
Back to list
- Closes Jun 14 2023Digital Marketing and Communication Consultant Job #562605 /Local consultancy open for Bulgarian nationals only/ in Bulgaria
Bulgaria CO is looking for a passionate Digital Marketing and Communication Consultant to assist UNICEF Bulgaria Communications team in development and execution of digital campaigns in accordance with the Communication Strategy and Communication Plan and to contribute to the successful implementation of digital fundraising campaigns for individual donors’ acquisition.