Headquarters, Washington, D.C.
Executive Level Position
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this Position:
The Office of the Secretary holds the responsibility of providing secretariat services to the Board of Governors and the Board of Executive Directors, as well as for organizing meetings of the Bank’s standing and internal committees as determined by the President. Moreover, the Office coordinates the Access to Information Policy implementation and provides language and documentation services.
As the Deputy Secretary, you will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Office of the Secretary and managing its various teams. Furthermore, you will lead the planning and execution of the Annual Meetings of the Inter-American Development Bank Group in coordination with the host country.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the Secretary to develop and implement the Bank’s strategic objectives, policies, and programs, supporting the Secretary in their work while demonstrating leadership and management skills.
- Provide guidance and support to the Secretary in the Bank’s relations with member countries, including the Bank’s Board of Governors and Board of Executive Directors.
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise the logistics for the Governors Annual Meeting.
- Prepare, coordinate, and verify the execution of the terms of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and cooperate with the authorities of the host country in carrying out the measures that they are responsible for adopting in accordance with the MOU.
- Organize seminars or other activities associated with the Annual Meeting.
- Serve as a liaison in matters concerning the Annual Meeting, between the participants, the authorities of the Bank, and the host country.
- Carry out the duties and responsibilities of the Office of the Secretary when the Secretary is unavailable or unable to carry out the functions and responsibilities.
- Foster mutually beneficial working relationships with other departments, IDB Management, and peers in other International Financial Institutions to promote the Bank’s mission.
- Lead the implementation of change management initiatives such as the Digital Transformation initiative in which the Office of the Secretary needs to update and create systems that will help the Secretary to become more efficient.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other colleagues within the Section, helping them to develop and grow professionally.
- Mentor and develop
- Promote Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- Focus on clients
- Communicate and influence
- Innovate and try new things
Link to Core Competencies (← please Ctrl + Click)
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48 member countries. We may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
Type of Contract:
- Type contract: Staff International
- Length of contract: 3 years
- Location: Headquarters, Washington, D.C.
- Responsible person: Secretary of the Bank
What we offer:
The IDB Group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package.
- Leaves and vacations: 24 days of paid time off + 8 personal days + sick leave + gender-neutral parental lea Health Insurance: IDB Group provides employees and eligible dependents with a robust medical benefits program which covers medical, dental, vision, preventive care, and prescription drugs.
- Pension plan: defined benefit pension plan that provides financial security and support employees in planning for their future.
- We offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your family, when it applies
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules
- Health and well-being: Access to our Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for employees.
- Development support: We offer tools to boost your professional profile such as mentoring, 1:1 professional counseling, training, and learning opportunities, language classes, and mobility options, among others.
- Other perks: Lactation Room, Daycare Center, Gym, Bike Racks, Parking, Spouse Career Program, and others.
At the IDB Group we work so everyone brings their best and authentic selves to work, willing to try new approaches without fear, and where they are accountable and rewarded for their actions.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Our Human Resources Team reviews carefully every application.
About the IDB Group
The IDB Group, composed of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), IDB Invest, and the IDB Lab offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through lending and grants to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Inter-American Development Bank is devoted to improving lives. Established in 1959, the IDB is a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. The IDB also conducts cutting-edge research and provides policy advice, technical assistance, and training to public and private sector clients throughout the region.
- External Opening Date: May 10, 2023
- External Closing Date: May 24, 2023
- External Contact Email: email@example.com
- Job Field: Executive