Cesvi has been working in Pakistan since 2005 while supporting the earthquake victims, floods-affected populations, conflict-affected IDPs, returnees, and host communities.
Cesvi has invested in development projects in remote regions in the country. In the emergency context, Cesvi developed expertise specifically in Health, WASH, Shelter & NFIs, Food Security & livelihood, and Disaster Preparedness and Risk Reduction (DRR) with protection, gender, and inclusion (PGI) as cross-cutting sectors.
CESVI has been working with different donors, such as ECHO, the EU, OFDA/USAID (now USAID-BHA), UNFAO, UNWFP, UNOCHA, UKAid/FCDO, Italian Cooperation, SDC, PIDSA, PHPF, and more. Since 2017, Cesvi Pakistan has been actively operating in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
In Sindh, Cesvi has executed multiple projects in districts like Mirpurkhas, Umerkot, and Tharparkar over the past decade, including flood relief and COVID-19 response efforts funded by ECHO in the last two years.
Currently, Cesvi Pakistan is implementing three projects funded by ECHO in Sindh, Balochistan, and Punjab.
The collaboration will start in November 2023
The main duty station will be in Islamabad with travel to Sindh, Balochistan, and Punjab.
The head of Mission Deputy’s position reports to the Head of Mission Area Manager in HQ
SCOPE OF POSITION
The position is responsible for the coordination and bird’s eye oversight of support functions (Finance, Human Resources, Operations & Procurement) for CESVI Pakistan
The position is in charge of the Pakistan office operations management and is the focal point for HQ for program functions-related matters.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
General support, coordination, and bird’s eye oversight of the support functions in Pakistan:
• Finance & Logistics: Monitor the finance department, and the Logistic team’s activities and processes, provide guidance and advisory leadership to the Country administrator and Logistics manager, and step in in cases of strategic and operational complexity to guide, remedy, and/or negotiate solutions.
• HR: Maintain a bird’s eye oversight on the HR teams and provide guidance on matters related to compliance with donor rules and minimum requirement
• **Program:**Monitor the program department to ensure proper flux of communication with all other departments
- Provide strategic direction for the implementation of the project activities.
- Develop and implement program strategies that align with the organisation’s mission and goals.
- Ensure the integration of minimum requirements across all program areas and activities.
- Ensure program quality, effectiveness, and efficiency through rigorous monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems.
- Oversee program budgets versus procurement and program work plan
- Stay informed about emerging trends, best practices, and developments in the humanitarian sector and the Pakistan context, incorporating them into program design and implementation.
- Ensure the implementation of systems and procedures to maximize the quality of CESVI projects, analysing and updating tools as necessary.
- Oversee internal project reviews (pre/mid/post) with project, technical, and support staff, identifying strengths, weaknesses, challenges, impact, sustainability, and recommendations related to the projects. Provide updates to the AM and seek input on areas of concern.
- Contributing to the definition of a Country Strategy Paper in collaboration with country team and HQ
- Identifying the main intervention sectors, areas, and needs in the Country in coordination with the country team and HQ
- University degree and or Master’s in international cooperation
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience in an NGO, including experience directing and implementing programs in protracted and forgotten crisis
- Solid diplomatic and leadership skills in managing a variety of internal and external relationships, especially with partners
- Experience in managing a big team
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of International donors such as Echo, EU, Bha, UNs
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control
- Capacity to act effectively as a team member
- Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package)
- Excellent knowledge of English written and spoken.
- Duty station: Islamabad with travel to Sindh, Balochistan and Punjab
- duration: 3 months
- GROSS SALARY RANGE FROM 600.000 PKR TO 620.000 PKR
- FULL HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE
CESVI has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a child or a vulnerable adult by any of our staff, related persons or partners.
CESVI commitment to being a safe organization begins with the staff recruitment process which includes meticulous checks, such as criminal records checks or check disclosure of previous convictions, to ensure children and vulnerable people are safeguarded and abuse is prevented. Safeguarding checks are part of the selection process performance.
CESVI pays particular attention to safeguarding the health of all the human resources of the Organisation. Therefore, in order to protect its staff, an assessment of their suitability for the position in each mission is carried out before departure. Such assessment is done by the Occupational Doctor of the Organisation, who will also examine the vaccination coverage, including the anti-Covid19 vaccination.
Please note: due to the high number of applications we receive, we cannot provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their applications.