The Wellbeing Foundation Africa – Founded in 2004, The Wellbeing Foundation Africa (WBFA) was created with the aim of improving health outcomes for women, infants and children whilst working towards the systemic and structural changes in the areas of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Gender Equality and Opportunity (GEO). At the WBFA, we combine our programmes with advocacy work in Nigeria and around the world allowing every health worker, mother and child access to life altering advice, opportunities and health solutions.
- Experience 2 – 5 years
- Location Abuja
The Wellbeing Foundation Africa (WBFA). The WBFA was founded in 2004 to improve health outcomes for women, infants, and children. We combine our programs with advocacy work in Nigeria and around the world. The Foundation currently implements programs in eight states: Cross River, Lagos, Kwara, Ogun, Sokoto, Kano, Osun, and the Federal Capital Territory.
The Data Assistant will support the program team in crafting narratives and creating content and lead in from data collection in ensuring the key success of the project’s efforts are captured. They will also provide administrative support to the communication team, draft communications copy, prepare reports on on-field activities, and track the project’s progress in the assigned community and schools.
- The Data Assistant will be responsible for all data reporting-related activities of the site programs in line with reporting requirements.
- This includes implementing M&E framework, maintenance of monitoring data collections systems
- Supporting the Programme Officers, Nurses and Midwives in conducting community, schools and facility engagements
- She/He will also contribute to the design and assist the M&E Manager/Nurses and Midwives in in data collection and entry to promote a culture of evidence-based decision making.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure correct use of M&E tools at the site and outpost and logistics of tools.
- Supporting the midwives and nurses in visits to schools, communities and health care facilities
- Complile messages to post
- Responsible for providing clear pictures and reports from project activities
- Ensure data are reported according to the approved data-flow and timelines and attend to any other duties assigned
- Support nurses and midwives and program officers in data collection and analysis
- Capturing and documenting success stories from project activities, ensuring the proper documentation of project results.
- Documentation of pictures from project sites on various tools available
- Ensure all data are fed into Kobo Collect, Quality Improvement and other tools available.
- Monitor the sites’ programs in the collection, analysis, reporting and use of output data for program improvement at site level
- Develop quality contents from visits to health care centers, schools and healthcare facilities to be posted on various social media platforms.
- Supervise site level data reporting cycle to ensure high quality and complete data are sent to the country office on a periodic basis, or when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- BSc Statistics, Social Sciences and Sciences
- Significant experience in data entry and data management.
- Demonstrate competence in assessing priorities and in managing a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and in meeting deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Strong writing, editing, and formatting skills.
- Demonstrate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Kobo Collect and Google tools will be of advantage.
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to take initiative and to be flexible depending on changing priorities and deadlines.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.