Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analyst – COVID-19
Reference ID: req14605
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response.
- Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance.
- By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- In support of Nigeria’s national response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Data.FI is currently seeking to employ the services of a Data Analyst who will work to provide in-depth analysis of COVID-19 data, triangulate data from different sources, support generation of reports, high-quality dashboards and information products for COVID-19 priority indicators.
- The Analyst will report to the Deputy Country Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain high quality COVID-19 data on USAID’s automated partner performance reporting (APPR) platform and support donor reporting on the Development Information Solution (DIS) system.
- Ensure in-depth analysis of data for the monthly COVID-19 bulletin/ brief is available for release and dissemination to USAID and stakeholders.
- Support capacity-building in data analytics for COVID-19 activities both at the national and state levels.
- Work with data visualization experts to update COVID-19 dashboards from triangulated data sources
- Serve as a technical backstop in data quality, data alignment exercises, and health informatics support at the national level working with the National Agency for Control of AIDS (NACA), the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), and the National Primary Health Care Delivery Agency (NPHCDA) in a multisectoral effort.
- Strengthen the data analytics and visualization capabilities of the COVID-19 Surveillance Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System (SORMAS), District Health Information Software, version 2 (DHIS2), emergency operations centers (EOCs), and other platforms.
- Technical Support to States’ EOCs to develop analysis, profiles, briefs, and program bulletins on COVID-19 response in the states.
- Develop data collection instruments (mainly survey instruments and qualitative interview guides, with appropriate procedures for pilot testing, including assessing reliability and validity of measures.
- Contribute to the dissemination and utilization of project results to inform project decision-making and share lessons learned with a global audience
- Document and present program reports and lessons learned to the Country Director, USAID, MDAs, and other key stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics, Epidemiology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience advising on health management information systems or routine health information systems.
- Experience working knowledge of SORMAS, DHIS 2 preferred.
- Working Knowledge of patient-level and aggregate data management systems.
- Knowledge of project management principles to manage outputs with multi-disciplinary teams including a broad and extensive knowledge of IT principles, methods, and techniques.
- Work well under pressure, skilled in crisis management, and problem-solving.
- Ability to achieve consensus among multiple stakeholders.
- Proven skills in data analysis with proficiency in statistical packages.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English; ability to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online