Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Capacity Strengthening and Learning Specialist
Reference ID: req14592
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response.
- Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- Data.FI is currently seeking to employ the services of a Capacity Strengthening Specialist (CSS) to provide technical support for the development, implementation, and evaluation of COVID-19 capacity building activities at both national and sub-national levels.
- The Capacity Strengthening and Learning Specialist will support the design and implementation of a portfolio of activities intended to advance the capacity of local partners, and Government of Nigeria (GON) staff as appropriate.
- S/he will conduct training and mentoring of relevant GON ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs), local partners, staff and consultants involved in the COVID-19 response.
- The CSS will work closely with Data.FI team members and relevant government MDAs and other stakeholders in-country to assess capacity, using participatory frameworks and approaches, and develop plans to sustainably enhance monitoring and evaluation capacities.
- S/he will also look to identify and build relationships with local organizations in-country, and short-term technical assistance that can be engaged to deliver training and learning activities for the project activities.
- The incumbent will be responsible for development of tools, guidelines, reference materials, and data collection instruments.
- The incumbent will work with the technical teams to support the development of capacity building strategies in use of digital platforms and further support monitoring, evaluation and learning from the capacity building interventions.
- The Capacity Strengthening and Learning Specialist will report to the Deputy Country Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the review of a health informatics systems (HIS) training curriculum or adapt existing resources into learning modules for information system users.
- Develop and maintain training materials including eLearning content and modules.
- Design and develop dynamic, interactive, and user-friendly multimedia training solutions.
- Organize and execute physical and online trainings in collaboration with project technical teams.
- Manage complete development process of courseware materials to include eLearning and learning management system (LMS)/training delivery systems, document management.
- Work with senior management to ensure completed projects, courseware and LMS/training systems meet users’ expectations.
- Work with team members to define processes, workflows, effective content production and implementation of up-to-date development and LMS technologies and methodologies.
- Create storyboards/scripts and production-ready content for video or web-based training programs and advising on production.
- Partner with internal teams to produce high quality eLearning content.
- Collaborate with other project members on curriculum development and mentor junior developers and training.
- Work with subject matter experts on other teams to produce scripts, content, and timelines.
- Assist with management of course development projects including scoping the required resources and timeline to meet project timelines with quality results.
- Produce quality eLearning course material, including course design documents, course outlines, course descriptions, PowerPoint slides, diagrams, interactive exercises, and assessments.
- Design measurement instruments and creating advanced learning activities questions for quizzes and certification exams.
- Guide, coordinate and collaborate with project staff and partners in the implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of activities.
- Provide technical support to country and projects teams for the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Support country teams to set and monitor learning plans and ensure achievement of their objectives.
- Provide ongoing assistance with and oversight of results reporting.
- Provide technical support for assessments and research (develop study design and methodology, including sampling procedures, and assist with implementation, analysis, and write-up)
- Assist with development of tools, guidelines, and reference materials.
- Develop data collection instruments (mainly survey instruments and qualitative interview guides, with appropriate procedures for pilot testing, including assessing reliability and validity of measures.
- Contribute to the dissemination and utilization of project results to inform project decision-making and share lessons learned with a global audience.
- Document and present program reports and lessons learned to the Country Director, USAID, MDAs, and other key stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters’ Degree in Public Health, Education, Social Sciences, International Development, Organizational Development, or a related field preferred.
- Five years of demonstrated experience in capacity strengthening and training for strengthening skill sets, preferably in the field of monitoring and evaluation. Experience should include experience designing curricula and materials for face-to-face and virtual training delivery, as well as facilitation of institutional strengthening processes.
- Experience building monitoring, evaluation and learning capacities of relevant stakeholders including implementers, funders, and government staff preferred.
- Demonstrated experience applying a variety of participatory and strengths-based learning design and delivery approaches, blended learning, and evidence-based learning theory.
- Familiarity with e-learning tools, virtual Instructor-Led Trainings (vILT) on AdobeConnect, and other online instructional products highly desirable. Experience in working with online learning platforms such as Moodle, Zoom.
- Experience in working with online learning content creation/authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline.
- Experience in content development for adult learners.
- Experience in Instructional Design, Performance based learning, Course/User Interface Design, Curriculum Development, Learning Strategies and Development, Quality Assurance Testing.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute planned activates efficiently within strict timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and work with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent writing, computer, management, and organizational skills.
- Experience in implementing health-related USG-funded projects in Nigeria is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online