Corporate Travel Services Associate
The IDB Group is a community of diverse, versatile, and passionate people who come together on a journey to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our people find purpose and do what they love in an inclusive, collaborative, agile, and rewarding environment.
About this position
We are looking for an innovative, analytical, client focused, and collaborative professional to join our team as a Corporate Travel Services Associate. As such, you will be handling airline contracts and negotiations, analyzing travel data, assessing available ravel technology, and contributing to policy and strategy development.
You will work in the Travel, Security and Corporate Services Group (TSG) which is part of the Budget and Services Department (BDA). TSG is responsible for the Bank’s Corporate Travel Program, the Corporate Security Program at Headquarters (HQ) and Country Offices (COF), and the provision of Corporate Services. You will be collaborating with the Corporate Travel Program which manages the travel management company, business travel documents unit, and travel insurance; negotiates airline and hotel agreements; and provides outsourcing services for offsite events.
What you’ll do :
- Handle Airline contracts and negotiations, including developing negotiation strategies, evaluating supplier proposals, and negotiating favorable terms and conditions. Develop and maintain strong relationships with airline suppliers.
- Analyze travel data and prepare regular and ad hoc robust travel reporting and insights. Identify trends and opportunities for travel program, as well as potential cost savings and process improvements based on analysis of travel data.
- Manage the Organizational of American States (OAS) passport process and inventory and the Visa Services contract, including monitoring performance.
- Assess travel technology products, conduct thorough analysis and provide expert guidance on the selection, and maintenance of technologies that align with Bank’s strategies and objectives.
- Contribute to the development of travel strategy, analysis, and policy formation, leveraging industry best practices and insights to drive continuous improvement and innovation.
What you’ll need:
- Education : master’s degree in the areas of Hospitality, Tourism Management or Business Administration.
- Experience: 4 years of progressive experience in the Corporate Travel Industry.
- Languages: Proficiency in English, spoken and written, is required. Additional knowledge of Spanish, French, and/or Portuguese is preferable.
- Proficient in business travel analysis, with a track record of translating complex data into actionable insights and driving data-informed decision-making processes.
- Demonstrates creativity when faced with new or unfamiliar situations.
- Collaborate among individuals with diverse areas of expertise, supporting an environment conducive to innovative projects.
- Anticipates and addresses client issues and concerns through proactive strategies.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing deadlines.
- Citizenship : You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries .
- Consanguinity : You have no family members (up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB, IDB Invest, or IDB Lab.
Type of contract and duration:
- International staff contract, 36 months initially, renewable upon mutual agreement.
What we offer:
- The IDB group provides benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package.
- Leaves and vacations: 24 days of paid time off + 8 personal days + sick leave + gender- neutral parental leave .
- Health Insurance: IDB Group provides employees and eligible dependents with a robust medical benefits program which covers medical, dental, vision, preventive care, and prescription drugs.
- Pension plan: defined benefit pension plan that provides financial security and support employees in planning for their future.
- We offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your family, when it applies.
- Hybrid and flexible work schedules
- Health and wellbeing : Access to our Health Services Center which provides preventive care and health education for employees.
- Development support : We offer tools to boost your professional profile such as mentoring, 1:1 professional counseling, training, and learning opportunities, language classes, mobility options, among others.
- Other perks : Lactation Room, Daycare Center, Gym, Bike Racks, Parking, Spouse Career Program, and others.
At the IDB Group we work so everyone brings their best and authentic selves to work, willing to try new approaches without fear, and where they are accountable and rewarded for their actions.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are at the center of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ+ people, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request reasonable accommodation to complete this application.
Our Human Resources Team reviews carefully every application.
About the IDB Group
The IDB Group, composed of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), IDB Invest, and the IDB Lab offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through lending and grants to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Inter-American Development Bank is devoted to improving lives. Established in 1959, the IDB is a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. The IDB also conducts cutting-edge research and provides policy advice, technical assistance, and training to public and private sector clients throughout the region.
Contact us: email@example.com
- External Opening Date: May 30, 2023
- External Closing Date: Jun 13, 2023
- External Contact Email: Healthserv@iadb.org
- External Contact Name: Health Services
- Job Field: Corporate Services