Consulting Responsible for Local IT Support for the Country Office in Uruguay ITO / CUR
The IDB Group is a diverse, versatile and passionate community of people, united to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Those who work with us find a purpose and do what they like best in an inclusive, collaborative, agile and rewarding environment.
About this job
The ITE / ITO department is looking for a professional in the Information Technology area to provide local IT support at the Country Office ( Representation ) in Uruguay.
The Department of Information Technology ( ITE ) is committed to facilitating the Bank’s mission to improve lives by delivering value to the business through technology solutions at Headquarters and in the Representations, including infrastructure and services.
The objective of the consultancy is to provide and maintain a reliable and efficient IT environment in the country office of the Eastern Republic of Uruguay. This IT environment is made up of computer equipment ( laptops, workstations, equipment, meeting rooms and infrastructure and telecommunications components ), mobile devices and office equipment ( scanners, printers, photocopiers ).
This is what you will do
The IT support service includes: 1. User Support: Includes IT support services and trainings for local staff and limited support for visitors who use their own equipment within the country office.
- Provide user assistance on computers and portable devices ( desktop, laptop, docking station, cell phones, etc. ), including installation, configuration, advice and problem solving.
- Provide assistance for the use of corporate applications, including installation, configuration, testing, advice and troubleshooting.
- Identify training needs in information technology and prepare and deliver training sessions or refresher knowledge in systems, programs or applications that are required for work at the COF, providing guidelines when required .
- Provide support in the care and resolution of problems with computer service providers, such as print service, for example.
2. IT infrastructure support: Corresponding to services to implement, manage and operate the internal network, telephony, conference system and external services together with the area responsible for each of the components . Detail of the activities included:
- Provide assistance for the use of conference equipment ( cameras, microphones, useful controls, etc. ), including installation, configuration, advice and problem solving.
- Train office staff in the handling of conference room equipment, monitor proper operation and solve problems to ensure quality of service.
- Investigar y resolver los problemas de infraestructura que estén bajo la esfera de acción, y alertar y colaborar con los responsables de las areas dedicadas de infraestructura, para su correcto funcionamiento. Referente a la administración de la red, sistema de telefonía, servidores, estaciones de trabajo, salas de conferencia, etc.
- Apoyar en el monitoreo del cumplimiento de las condiciones de servicio de los proveedores inform á ticos (redes, telecomunicaciones, etc.)
3. Colaboraci ón en á reas con componentes inform á ticos: Comprende el apoyo y enlace con otras á reas en la implementación de proyectos y soluciones que cuenten con componentes inform á ticos como lo ser í an los sistemas de seguridad, remodelaciones, reubicaciones, etc.
- Collaborate in the periodic review and management of the maintenance of security systems such as: CCTV, office access system ( access card authorization ) and others that require interaction with the infrastructure or Computer connectivity.
- Assist in the remodeling of facilities where computer equipment exists or is required to be installed.
- Assist in the transfer to the new facilities in all matters related to computer infrastructure and workstations.
- Establish and monitor power and cooling requirements for computer equipment.
Complementary to service areas, it is the responsibility of this position, ensure the registration of service care and resolution of incidents in the ticketing system ( S ervice N ow ), generating reports that allow monitoring and guaranteeing the optimal level of IT service in the office and communicating with the supervision of the position ( IT in headquarters ) and the management of the Representation in Uruguay.
This is what you need
- Education: Bachelor or Computer Science Engineer and at least two of verifiable work experience equivalent e. Knowledge in: MS Windows 10-11, MS O365, communication platforms, servers, networks, telecommunications, audiovisual equipment, mobile devices ( Android / iOS ), VMWare / VDI, maintenance of computers and office equipment ( scanners, printers, copiers ). Certification in ITIL processes for incident management, service requests and knowledge base management is an advantage. Knowledge of the ISO 9001: 2015 standard and continuous improvement frameworks is an advantage.
- Experience: At least two years of verifiable work experience that includes customer service activities. Project Management Experience, based on the PMI standard is an advantage.
- Language: Fluency in Spanish and English proficiency.
- General competences: o Ease of written, verbal and body communication.
o Willingness to learn and excel continuously
o Empathy and active listening.
o Proactivity and creativity are an advantage.
- Continuous learning.
- Collaborate and share knowledge.
- Focus on customers.
- Communicate and influence.
- Innovate and try new things.
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of Uruguay or a citizen of one of our 48 member countries, with residence or legal permission to work in Uruguay.
- Consanguinidad: No tiene miembros de su familia (hasta el cuarto grado de consanguinidad y segundo grado de afinidad, incluido el cónyuge) que trabajen en el BID, BID Invest o BID Lab.
Tipo de contrato y duración
- Tipo de Contrato : Consultor nacional a tiempo parcial.
- Duración : 12 meses (hasta 36 meses).
- Ubicación Laboral : En sitio.
El Grupo BID ofrece beneficios que responden a las diferentes necesidades y momentos de la vida de un empleado. Estos beneficios incluyen:
- Un paquete de remuneración competitiva
- Licencia y vacaciones: 2 días por mes de contrato + licencia paternal sin distinción de género.
- Health insurance: the IDB Group provides a monthly allowance for the purchase of health insurance.
- Savings plan: The IDB Group cares about its future and, depending on the duration of the contract, will receive an allocation for a monthly savings plan.
- Work schedules flexible e hybrids.
- Health and wellness: Access to our Health Services Center that offers employees preventive care and health education.
- Development support: We offer learning opportunities to improve your professional profile, such as seminars, individualized professional advice, and much more.
At the IDB Group, we work for all people to do their best and bring their true selves to work, be willing to try new approaches without fear, be held accountable for your actions and receive compensation for them.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and the Sense of Belonging ( DEIB ) are the pillars of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ +, people with disabilities, people of African descent and indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, email us at [email protected] in order to request reasonable adaptations to complete this request.
Our Human Resources Team thoroughly reviews each request.
About the IDB Group
The IDB Group, made up of the Inter-American Development Bank ( IDB ), IDB Invest and IDB Lab, offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through loans and subsidies to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
About the IDB
The Inter-American Development Bank’s mission is to improve lives. Founded in 1959, the IDB is one of the main sources of long-term financing for the economic, social, and institutional development of Latin America and the Caribbean. The IDB also conducts cutting-edge research projects and offers policy advice, technical assistance, and training to public and private clients throughout the region.
- External Opening Date: Aug 25, 2023
- External Closing Date: Sep 7, 2023
- External Contact Email: [email protected]
- External Contact Name: HR Service Center
- Job Field: Technical Support